Half height multi video card

johnrobert

Reaction score
Defective integrated Video Gateway Computer has a video slot got a half-height from a recycler it came with DVI Y cables not sure if they are dedicated to card don't think so.
after installation, nothing shows on the monitor think it needs software to work, remember doing one of these a long time ago.

When I first went on on-site half of the screen was blurred thought it was monitor took desktop home same thing on my monitor tried another monitor with DVI input everything now OK. Without half height card installed

I needed a monitor with DVI for above video card otherwise I would not have tried a third monitor, so now the video card might not be needed
would like to get it working with card as it will speed up this very slow computer once CPU does not have to do video.
Hope I explained it clearly enough

Update
I put second monitor back and everything is OK, My theory is when I put temporary video card in although nothing showed on monitor it did a video update plug and pray
When I looked before in power it only showed monitor sleep now its showing computer sleep so drivers have been updated
I ran Snappy driver update and it did not show any video drivers before and now maybe thats because its done in CPU

Attachments

• IMG-0696.JPG
    IMG-0696.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-0698.JPG
    IMG-0698.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-0700.JPG
    IMG-0700.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
This may be one of the older cards that uses a special connector. From a recycler? I'd say it was tossed for a reason. Toss it back in the bin where it belongs. If a video card doesn't output even without drivers it's junk. Period.

Back