Inno3D RTX 3080 ICHILL X4 GDDR6 12GB - dropping FPS

Rigo

Reaction score
Received the gaming rig because it's loosing frame rates as it goes.
Asus TUG Gaming Z490-PLUS (Wi-Fi) - have applied latest available BIOS
Graphics Inno3D RTX 3080 ICHILL X4 GDDR6X-12GB - passed GPU stress testing, latest available driver applied.
RAM - Klevv DDR4 2666 MHz 16x2GB - passed memtest
i7 10700K 3.8 GHz - passed stress testing
Fractal liquid cooling system - CPU temp under 70°C
Samsung NVMe EVO 1TB - C drive - no problem found, latest fwre applied
PSU - Corsair RM850
Apparently dropping frame rates during gaming.
All hwre tests appear ok.

Furmark testing
1) - Start GPU stress test, spinning furball runs smoothly; starting CPU stress testing ==> furball spinning stops, then restarts slowed down significantly, not smooth anymore.
2) - Start CPU stress test first then GPU stress test, does not seem to affect spinning furball performance, smooth spin.
XMP was disabled in BIOS, now enabled, RAM speeds bumped to 3600MHz, but Furmark testing results still the same.

HeavyLoad testing
CPU and GPU stress testing - FPS keeps rising, not dropping. Whether XMP enabled or disabled, no difference.

Frame rate dropping, would that be GPU related only? Something else?
I've stopped buying Inno3D almost 10-years ago due to too many RMAs.
Could the card be the problem? I've got no card of that calibre at hand to test for comparison.
Although I did test the card on one of my computers with the same effects.
Any other way to diagnose/assess this case?

Apparently dropping frame rates during gaming.
Time based or scene based?
I've got no card of that calibre at hand to test for comparison.
Not a problem, you're not testing perf. but looking for frame rate dropping...
XMP was disabled in BIOS, now enabled, RAM speeds bumped to 3600MHz, but Furmark testing results still the same.
XMP is not a problem. Incorrect/non-optimal RAM timings won't explain video frame rate drops.

Time based or scene based?
No idea what you're talking about here.
I had the young guy test-run it at my workshop after all the updates, tweaks and optimisations I applied to the system. My monitor was just a regular 24" FHD. He didn't experience the issue whilst testing.
His monitor is 32" but I overlooked asking at what resolution he might be running it.
I'll follow up to see how it goes on his setup.
Not a problem, you're not testing perf. but looking for frame rate dropping...
Thinking that a more beefed-up card would be different on what it draws from the system.
XMP is not a problem. Incorrect/non-optimal RAM timings won't explain video frame rate drops.
Read somewhere during my searches that incorrect RAM settings in Windows might affect video performance and enabling XMP might help. It was indeed disabled and enabling it changed the speed from 2666 (normal) to 3600MHz.
I'll wait to hear how it goes from here.

Back