Google Webmaster tools - is it worth sigining up for it and what does it do?

tankman1989

Reaction score
I have almost 50 domains and I am slowly building them to create a stronger reference to my main site.

I mainly want to know what the deal is with Google WebMaster Tools, how it can help and if it can hurt anything.

Thaks!

It can definitely give useful information about how/when your site is indexed and how Google is treating it. There's frequently information about broken links and backlinks, which are available elsewhere, but can be easily found using Webmaster Tools.

It can definitely give useful information about how/when your site is indexed and how Google is treating it. There's frequently information about broken links and backlinks, which are available elsewhere, but can be easily found using Webmaster Tools.

Thanks! I'm adding some sites right now and the first 4 went through no problem. AS soon as I started putting more in it would not verify this.

Is this a common occurance?

Thanks! I'm adding some sites right now and the first 4 went through no problem. AS soon as I started putting more in it would not verify this.

Is this a common occurance?

I've found that sometimes it doesn't verify immediately, but I've never put any effort into researching why. If I find it doesn't verify I just resubmit it the next time.

At least getting a couple in will allow you to see how it works and get some sitemaps submitted and start seeing some crawl stats.

Definitely worth using.
Backlinks count gives you the results from the horses mouth and sitemap gives Google a better chance of crawling your site properly.

I have almost 50 domains and I am slowly building them to create a stronger reference to my main site.

Sheeeeeit! What does the hosting cost you?

As far as WMT, long answer short, Yes. Its worth creating an account to explore what it has to offer. Only takes a few secs to set up and the data could be useful to anyone with a commercial website and an interest in its development.

Definitely worth signing up for, it really helps you see what key words you are putting out on your website.

The error checking is also very useful.

Sheeeeeit! What does the hosting cost you?

As far as WMT, long answer short, Yes. Its worth creating an account to explore what it has to offer. Only takes a few secs to set up and the data could be useful to anyone with a commercial website and an interest in its development.

You could always get a reseller account and host all 50 sites on that.

However, unless you improve the page rank of the other 49 sites, the sites will probably cause more damage to your SERPs than help. Google can see if all your backlinks are coming from 1 IP.

As BryanVest said, you'll need to make sure that those 50 domains aren't hosted on the same server.

If you're trying to build a link wheel to promote your main site, you'll need to spread out your domains over different hosts.

As far as Google Webmaster Tools is concerned, you should definitely sign up. Gives you a lot of stats that will be very helpful in improving your website.

You should try, it's used to monitor your website link state and so on. I have been signed in Google Webmaster tools for my both website extendoffice.com and addintools.com. I have been used the tool more than 2 years. it's brilliance!:)

Last edited:
Back