Dell - Ultra Small Form Factor (???)

Diggs

Reaction score
Just ran into one of these for the first time yesterday. No fans, no slots, no power supply and it was in a full size desktop with power being supplied by a laptop style charger. I needed a magnifying glass to find it - lol. It's smaller than the thin client's motherboards I use. Call was for no Internet after a lighting strike. I thought I'd replace the NIC or add a NIC and turn off the onboard adapter. Pffft - I opened it up with the customer looking over my shoulder.... I think I said something about how cute it was - hmmmm. (Wanted to take a picture but saved the embarrassment). We went to a WiFi USB adapter.

I'm not sure the pictured motherboard is the same one because what I saw looked even smaller. (This was as close as I could find.)

Just ran into one of these for the first time yesterday. No fans, no slots, no power supply and it was in a full size desktop with power being supplied by a laptop style charger. I needed a magnifying glass to find it - lol. It's smaller than the thin client's motherboards I use. Call was for no Internet after a lighting strike. I thought I'd replace the NIC or add a NIC and turn off the onboard adapter. Pffft - I opened it up with the customer looking over my shoulder.... I think I said something about how cute it was - hmmmm. (Wanted to take a picture but saved the embarrassment). We went to a WiFi USB adapter.

I'm not sure the pictured motherboard is the same one because what I saw looked even smaller. (This was as close as I could find.)

The photo of that board makes me really sad.

Another reason we have difficultly competing in a legal software manner.

"Windows 7 Proffesional 64-bit Microsoft Office 2007 FULL VERSION" From the picture it is an old XP machine.

End users eat that crap up and think it is legal.
I hadn't even looked at the description(s), just the picture. We've had a few of these in the past and thank god, they are all gone now!

I don't understand why they fix this into a full tower? If the point is small then why not put it into a mini case? Apple sells tons of them.

Back