Compilation of useful tech tools

MrKitty871

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been in the MSP industry for a little over 4 years now as a tech, started right out of highschool. In those 4 years I've collected quite a few tools that have made things way easier in my day to day. A few physical things I like to have with me at any given time: A good pair of snips, velcro tape, etc.
I also carry around a flashdrive with Easy2Boot on it with Hirens PE, various flavors of linux, windows ISOs, PortableApps.com launcher.

Those are just a few examples of many, what things have you guys found to make your day to day easier?

Never heard of it, will definitely be adding that to my bookmarks though, looks super cool.
Thanks!

I wouldn't bother paying the donation for it. He rarely updates it these days.

It used to be updated around once every two weeks - but I think in the last 12 months or so, it's just had one update - and that was to add a pointless installer to a portable tool (?!?)

Now, he just seems to send out emails telling you why it hasn't been updated, tells you about another feature he's working on that doesn't really seem to have a purpose (like the installer mentioned above), and complains about piracy of his toolkit - despite the toolkit itself ignoring the agreements of some of the tools on it. Don't get me wrong - it's a very handy toolkit - but a lot of the links are dead because he's not updated it.

You could just do like I did and create your own for free - using the same free tools that he uses in his toolkit.

At the end of the day, his toolkit just uses SyMenu and Keratin. Both of which are free too.

The GeGeek toolkit is handy simply because it's already been put together - and it saves you hours of your own time creating one from scratch.

Last edited:
hirenboot , batteryinfoview, openhardwareinfo, magical jelly bean key finder, snappy driver, rufus, passmark keyboard test(useful for testing laptop keyboards) and a few more that I currently forget :p.

Change of clothes. Seriously. But I'm mobile only.
Absolutely!! I'm also mobile-only and you never know what kind of place you're going to be at and what's going to happen while you're there. My worst was about 10 years ago when the customer's pet bird flew across the room and landed on my shoulder, then pooped all over my shirt as it took off! Back then I didn't carry a change of clothes in the car, so will let you imagine what the rest of my day was like! :(

Absolutely!! I'm also mobile-only and you never know what kind of place you're going to be at and what's going to happen while you're there. My worst was about 10 years ago when the customer's pet bird flew across the room and landed on my shoulder, then pooped all over my shirt as it took off! Back then I didn't carry a change of clothes in the car, so will let you imagine what the rest of my day was like! :(

I'm one of those that uses everything, including clothes, until they fall apart. My moment, when I learned the importance of carrying a change, involved a shirt. I wear button down oxford shirts, all cotton no iron style. The problem with those is the material is just no where near as robust as cotton/poly or traditional cotton. Was at a mall store installing AP's in the ceiling during business hours. While reaching up I all of a sudden felt a very cold draft against my rib cage. Looked down and the shirt had split vertically from the armpit all the way down to my waist. As it was summer I didn't have a coat to cover up either. LOL!!!

I'm one of those that uses everything, including clothes, until they fall apart. My moment, when I learned the importance of carrying a change, involved a shirt. I wear button down oxford shirts, all cotton no iron style. The problem with those is the material is just no where near as robust as cotton/poly or traditional cotton. Was at a mall store installing AP's in the ceiling during business hours. While reaching up I all of a sudden felt a very cold draft against my rib cage. Looked down and the shirt had split vertically from the armpit all the way down to my waist. As it was summer I didn't have a coat to cover up either. LOL!!!

Ah - finally comes out - Mark is an exhibitionist! :p

Back