Cannot login to Exchange 2016 Admin Centre

Steve202

Reaction score
I've just installed Exchange 2016 on a new server however I can't access the Exchange Admin Centre. I enter my username and password, click sign in and I get:
The username or password you entered is not correct. Try entering it again.

If I try and access the Exchange Management Shell, I get access denied, so I believe there's some permissions screwed up.

My username/password is correct and a domain admin. I'm trying to migrate everything over from SBS 2011 to a new server (2012r2 and exchange 2016) and this is the only thing left to do. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Just for a quick test, try creating another admin user and see if that user can log-in - might help narrow things down a little - i.e. show if it's a screw-up with just one account or a general thing.

Not sure if it's related, but there's an entry int he event logs every minute: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Exchange.FrontEndHttpProxy' or one of its dependencies.

Have you run any process to disable TLS 1.0 such as IIS Crypto? Exchange still needs it and Powershell/EAC will stop working if you disable it.

Also, is your Exchange server computer account a member of the Exchange Trusted Subsystem group and is the Exchange Trusted Subsystem group a member of Domain Admins?

Back