Anyone know what this is called?

HCHTech

Reaction score
Was browsing today and came across the picture below. Has anyone run into this type of wall mounting plate before? Searching "wall mounting plate" is way too generic to get specific results, so I'm hoping somebody recognizes the thing.

1677015429053.png

Never seen one like that. All the vertical mounting plates I've seen just have predrilled hole patterns. Actually a good idea if all devices had consistent mounting screw spacing. Is that inside a rack?

Looks neat but consuming 4U of rack space for two small devices that could easily fit on a 1U shelf. I guess if the rack is already oversized and you have the space to waste then go for it.

However, this image being used as a VESA mount on the back of a display - that looks awesome.
We have many setups where a micro-pc is hidden behind a wall-mounted TV for displays, presentations, videoconferencing rooms, displaying CCTV cameras etc. This would make easy mounting + nice cable management.

SM-VP-10x12-BLK-storage-solution-500x300.jpg

Looks neat but consuming 4U of rack space for two small devices that could easily fit on a 1U shelf. I guess if the rack is already oversized and you have the space to waste then go for it.

However, this image being used as a VESA mount on the back of a display - that looks awesome.
We have many setups where a micro-pc is hidden behind a wall-mounted TV for displays, presentations, videoconferencing rooms, displaying CCTV cameras etc. This would make easy mounting + nice cable management.

I see your point but it can be mounted anywhere. Like on the back or sides of the rack, if there's space. As far as VESA mounts go it's nice because you get more real estate to work with compared to what I normally see.

Yes, it looks like it - might be some particular rack-specific feature instead of a generic product...

I don't think it's for a rack. This is designed only for the back of a large monitor or TV. BrightSign is a media player/ signboard device. Like the kind used for menu boards at restaurants.

I don't think it's for a rack. This is designed only for the back of a large monitor or TV. BrightSign is a media player/ signboard device. Like the kind used for menu boards at restaurants.
The product pitch is definitely for wall mounted displays. That being said a hole is a hole is a hole. I'd be more than happy to "repurpose" it in a different scenario. It could easily be secured to the back or sides of a rack.

Back