Advertising that actually worked well!

bishop

Reaction score
Bandit Signs! 24" x 16" corriboard signs.

I bought 10 of these and got "Computer Problems?... We Come To Your Home Or Office.. Call: 123456789on them. Nothing fancy!

I placed them at busy junctions and some roundabouts in town and before I was hammering in my third the phone rang saying "hi, I just say one of your signs".

I thought about doing this for about 2 years now but only got to do it today. Started putting them up at about 4pm today and already have got 5 calls lined up for tomorrow from them. All of them mentioned seeing the sign and one wants me to call Friday to his office to discuss some cabling work.

Anyone done this before? You may want to check with your town or city council first though.. This has really surprised me:eek:

I might look into this. The back fence at my parents house faces onto a busy intersection where during peak hour, cars sit and stop for a few minutes. Could be really effective and since its private property (my parents fence) it could be legal. Id have to find out what the rules are around here. Thanks for the suggestion bishop.

Getting a few calls per day from these now. I've just ordered 50 more signs and am going to hit some close towns and villages next week.

Spoke to that business this morning and got the cabling job (about 200 meters) and 2 new PC installations plus they want to talk about managed services for 60+ PC's and 3 servers. They have also mentioned getting their website redesigned as it's about 10 years old.

This one job alone has totally convinced me about bandit signs. Got a few evening and weekend home user jobs lined up too. 2 days into it! Not bad ;)

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to post these signs in my area.....which isn't to say that people don't use them.

Keep us updated, let us know how they're working in a few weeks. Even if they're illegal to post in certain areas, I'm sure I could find a few private lots where I'd be allowed to post them. If they're bringing in sustained business, yeah, they're well worth it.

Getting a few calls per day from these now. I've just ordered 50 more signs and am going to hit some close towns and villages next week.

Spoke to that business this morning and got the cabling job (about 200 meters) and 2 new PC installations plus they want to talk about managed services for 60+ PC's and 3 servers. They have also mentioned getting their website redesigned as it's about 10 years old.

This one job alone has totally convinced me about bandit signs. Got a few evening and weekend home user jobs lined up too. 2 days into it! Not bad ;)

Post up a copy of your sign yeah? I'm interested

Cheers PC Fixed Right.

I've contacted them to see if they ship to Ireland. [edit: they replied, they don't ship to Ireland]

It's probably illegal to use them in Ireland, so I'll look into that too.

How much would ten of them set you back? $50 USD?

Signs in Ireland are not cheap.

Last edited:
MrMille, I found http://www.productionequipment.ie to be the cheapest around in this country. You're looking at around €5 - €6 each. Got quotes from other places looking for €30 each.

City councils will confiscate the signs if you post them around Dublin but county councils don't bother with them.

I just sent them an email.
At first blush it looks like a fixed selction of signs, e.g. health and safety signs.
If they reply I post up the details.

Thanks for the tip bishop. Didn't even know you were in Ireland, which part are you from? There are four of us from Ireland here.

Called them, and they are processing my email enquiry. Hopefully, a bespoke 600x450mm sign will be under €10

Last edited:
I spoke to a fella called Dermot Keady in sales and told him what I needed.
I'm in Tipperary so no competition to anyone here I don't think.

Standard prices are on the site for safety signs but for another couple of yoyos they will do custom ones!

HERE WE GO!

thank you fro your inquiry.
There is no problem for us to offer you custom made sign.
To give you correct quote I need to know a few things first:

The material - do you want foamalux, corriboard, pvc or aluminium (the cheapest is foamalux usually for indoors, corriboard is most common and the best for weather and external signs is aluminium)

Text: what kind of text information do you want on the sign?
You can supply a proof or text - for a single or low order we charge a € 25.00 set up or design fee.

Just to give you an idea please see sample prices below :

Set up charge : € 25.00

4mm Corriboard 600 x 450mm € 7.50 / for 1 sign
Single colour text and one colour back ground

3m PVC 600 x 450mm € 15.00 / 1 sign

2mm Aluminium 600 x 450mm € 30.00

Please let me know your requirement on the material and text and qty so I can give you exact quotation for this.

With best regards
Monika Markovic
Production Equipment Ltd.
Riverside Commercial Estate
Galway, Ireland

Phone 00353 91 745 100

It'll all depend on what you get printed. I kept the white background and used blue and red lettering on the 4mm corriboard.

Did you get any yet MrMille? I just ordered 12 more for €87 including VAT and delivery. Really recommend doing so. I'm getting calls every day from them now. They'll charge more to place your logo so I just put the web address at the end. See http://www.*********.ie/computerproblem.pdf for mine.

Last edited:
Great idea bishop. Does anyone know of the legality of doing this in the UK? If anyone could just place boards on a roundabout, why aren't most roundabouts littered with advertising? :p

I might buy 10 or so and just try it out anyway. Thanks for the suggestions :)

Nice advert!

I havent' done any, bit chicken to be honest, don't want the cops knockin my front door off it's hingest for putting up signs. Although I do see one in the village, maybe I can give it a shot too.

How many calls are the signs giving you per day?

Do you get more home calls than business or is it 50/50?

Best regards,
MrMille

The bacon boys can't touch you. Just the council and they just take them away. Plus they have to return them to you if you ask. They usually don't bother. Mine haven't been touched.

At the moment I'm averaging about 1 to 3 calls per day from the signs and about 15 to 25 calls per week in total roughly. About 70% are house calls but most of the money comes from businesses.

Back