Advertising that actually worked well!

I haven't had much luck using 'yard signs' which I ordered back in Jan. I ordered a dozen of them and put 7 at interesections in different towns nearby. Till now though I've only gotten 1 call from them. And when i checked on that one sign a few weeks ago I found that it, along with signs from other businesses in that same spot, were gone! People cutting grass in these places tend to pitch them pretty easily so you have to be careful where you place them or else you're throwing away your money. I live in a small rural part of Pennsylvania, so that may also play a factor in why I got little response from the signs. We don't get the traffic that larger cities may get. But I will still continue to move my signs around till I tire of it. I saw telephone poles around town that i might try to nail the sign, as I've seen other businesses advertise this way. Most of my business comes from fliers, which I place in newpaper box slots every few weeks, YellowPages, and my ad in the weekly bargain newpaper. If anyone is still thinking about trying yard signs, buildasign.com is a where I ordered mine, as well as car magnets. I was pleased with the quality and prices.

Well in the few weeks I've been doing this 3 of my signs have gone missing. To be expected I suppose. Business dropped for a short while during the bank holiday weekend. But overall the best form of advertising yet.

Just bought a new van. Well a 2006 Vauxhall Vivaro in white and think that some graphics on that will work well. On that quite period I called to some businesses with some brochures and nailed 2 clients and a pub website. Getting a pain in my left ball from people in Dublin calling as I don't cover there. They're all getting our number from our website even though it clearly shows the areas that we cover. But overall I can't complain. "This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires" ;)

Well in the few weeks I've been doing this 3 of my signs have gone missing. To be expected I suppose. Business dropped for a short while during the bank holiday weekend. But overall the best form of advertising yet.

Just bought a new van. Well a 2006 Vauxhall Vivaro in white and think that some graphics on that will work well. On that quite period I called to some businesses with some brochures and nailed 2 clients and a pub website. Getting a pain in my left ball from people in Dublin calling as I don't cover there. They're all getting our number from our website even though it clearly shows the areas that we cover. But overall I can't complain. "This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires" ;)

If you could refer those Dublin potentials to me I'd appreciate it Bishop!

Back