2020-05 Microsoft Edge Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4559309)

britechguy

Reaction score
. . . was served up on this machine last night.

While I'm certainly not the very first person to get this update, I am the first that I know of, and this definitely indicates that the rollout of new Chromium-based Edge has officially begun or is picking up steam for the existing Windows 10 user base.

Just thought I'd offer this up as a data point, as others will certainly be seeing it soon if they haven't already.

I was already on Version 1909, Build 18363.900 prior to this update coming in.

My youngest son has the only machine in the house with it... which I find hilarious.

But he's also five... so I cannot rule out him simply clicking on one of the nags.

Nor have I... but I'm on Pro... I don't think the nags appear outside of Home.

And even on Home, it's relatively rare still. I've only seen 2-3 machines total with it yet. And I'm pretty sure two of them were beta users because the people on them are power users.

I'm honestly surprised it didn't get pushed with the 2004 update... but it didn't. So we have New Edge rolling out this Summer while we wait on 2009 or will it be 2010? ;)

I had a client call after it was auto-updated. Might bring a client or 2 in.

I can't really imagine why. A phone call, maybe, but there's nothing really to be done. If you were using original Edge anything that you had there is automatically imported into new Edge.

IE, sadly, limps on behind the scenes.

At this point IE exists simply to enable identity thieves to get into financial and government systems.

Though I must admit, it's nice to have around to get into old networking gear... so many firmwares that need updating, that never will out there.

Back