Logo feedback

hjelpio

Reaction score
Hello fellow nibblers.

After running a (very small) computer repair business since 2013, I've decided to take it to the next level by actively looking for new residential customers. I do some consulting and software development as well. My computer repair business goes by "hjelp.io" which will also be the address of my website when I'm pushing that live sometime next week.

I spent about 45 minutes this morning putting together a new logo, using what's called a "squircle" (or 'superellipse').

hjelpio-large.png

Simple and clean and scales relatively well. "hjelp" is the Norwegian word for "help".

I'd appreciate any critique / suggestions from the TechNibble community.

Thank you :3

Looks good. Nice clean looking logo.

But I'm not sure about the icons. They just don't say computer repairer to me. I don't think I've ever used a spanner/wrench on a computer (except maybe in anger). If I didn't know you were a computer repairer, I'd probably guess you were a mobile mechanic or vehicle breakdown assistance service.

Not sure what I'd replace the icons with though. A mouse maybe? Mice icons are very overused but they do at least have a recognisable association.

Last edited:
Well, we don't really use .com addresses in Norway. Sure, they get registered, but most of the domains are .no. In this case it's because it sounds better. "help-ee-o" sounds way better than "help dot com" (which isn't available anyway).

The idea was to have an address that is short, easy to pronounce over the phone and easy to remember. :)

Last edited:
hjelp.computer, hjelp.support and hjelp.tech appear to be available (cheaply) too.

Interestingly, help.computer and help.support are taken but help.tech is available to purchase for about £10,000 :eek:

Edited to add: There's also hjelp.pro, hjelp.site or hjelp.ninja :D

Looks good. Nice clean looking logo.

But I'm not sure about the icons. They just don't say computer repairer to me. I don't think I've ever used a spanner/wrench on a computer (except maybe in anger). If I didn't know you were a computer repairer, I'd probably guess you were a mobile mechanic or vehicle breakdown assistance service.

Not sure what I'd replace the icons with though. A mouse maybe? Mice icons are very overused but they do at least have a recognisable association.
Exactly my thoughts!
When I looked at the (first posted) icon my immediate reaction was "what's a mechanic doing on Technibble?"
The rocket/laptop doesn't work for me, but the last one is passable IMHO.
I would reduce the thickness of the border around the icon though....Ugh...

I'll jump on the reduce the icon border train. Better yet, eliminate it and make the icon a little larger. The border doesn't contribute to the overall effect.

And back to the .io vs .com vs .no discussion, I'd really think twice about using .io unless .io is as common as .no or .com in Norway and Norwegians are very adept at noticing those details. Otherwise, you're going spend a lot of your advertising budget driving traffic to the other websites.

If there is any voting, I'm for the "leave border" option. Maybe make it thinner, but leave it. This way, the icon will look better in standalone context, when used without the hjelpio text (like in the avatar on this forum).

Last edited:
Back