$4200 Gaming PC Build - Critique/Advise

@fencepost There has to be a line between acceptable political comment vs. full out discussion. To not accept ANY mention of a topic that may or may not have political charge behind it is, well, Orwellian.

Perhaps we should talk about the first amendment of which you seem against? We have mods here and they do a good job already. Thanks mods!

@fencepost There has to be a line between acceptable political comment vs. full out discussion. To not accept ANY mention of a topic that may or may not have political charge behind it is, well, Orwellian.

Perhaps we should talk about the first amendment of which you seem against? We have mods here and they do a good job already. Thanks mods!

I deleted what I wrote. Let's stay on topic which is the PC :D

A Z270 mainboard that cost $600+...actually exists?

There goes about $450 (compared to the $150 that a good Z270 board) of the budget blown for zero gain, excluding getting to use the word "Maximus", or whatever it was called.... :)

A Z270 mainboard that cost $600+...actually exists?

There goes about $450 (compared to the $150 that a good Z270 board) of the budget blown for zero gain, excluding getting to use the word "Maximus", or whatever it was called.... :)

Seeing as the motherboard pretty much IS the computer, you shouldn't skimp on it. Still, at this price I'd be looking at a LGA2011 socket motherboard and 128GB of RAM. And I'd also get the best power supply on the market (Corsair AX1500i or EVGA 1600 SuperNova).

I think the 1080TI is a bit
of overkill. If you don't game at 4K, I'd seriously consider downgrading to a vanilla 1080 or even a
1070 really. A 1070 handles 1080P pretty well and shouldn't have a problem for a few years to come.

God I hope his monitor isnt really a 1080p monitor when hes spending that much on a gaming PC, I'm guessing he has an ultra wide 1440p or 4k monitor.

Back