XCP-NG

sctechsystems

Reaction score
Hi all

is anyone else using XCP-NG? I have it up and running and am running Xen-Orchestra. It seems to be a bit buggy, is it just me? if I Click export I get an 'unknown error', Also, was Import free in previous versions? the version I have is asking me to upgrade - was looking forward to that feature to see if it could handle importing VHD's. Have I got the wrong version?

Have followed the below guide:
https://xen-orchestra.com/docs/xoa.html#the-alternative

Just starting out with Xen (XCP-NG) and Orchestra so go easy!! :)

I have it built on a Dell R710.

Thanks in advance.

No it's not just you @sctechsystems. It's buggy as all heck. I've been playing with it extensively off and on after watching Tom Lawrence's videos on Youtube that talked about how it was production ready. I put a lot stock in what he says when it comes to open source products, but this one is off the rails when it comes to bugs. I couldn't even get it to pass basic tests like migrating a machine from one server to the next using local storage. I waited a month and tried to pick it up again today and this time I couldn't even get Xen Orchestra to let me go to any of the tabs after joining a machine to it. I'm sticking with Hyper-V for now. Really wish XCP-NG and Xen Orchestra were stable and reliable but with the type of issues I've run into with XCP-NG, it would scare the heck out of me to use it in production.

I've not looked at it. But I've also not looked at Xen either. Been on ESX for years. Maybe I'll take a look at it on a lab server.

Back