Windows 12 coming in June 2024

@phaZed HA that's funny my home desktop is doing it now!

I click the copilot button and my desktop icons move, I click it again to close it and they move back!

Meh, cosmetic issue for me but that's kind of funny.

12 really? Many many people are sticking with 10 until October 2025. Ugh.
That's an easy choice when on an 'ancient' non-Win11 eligible 7700K cpu, as pre-8th gen CPUs were ruled 'unworthy'...

(My little Alliwava MiniPC4c/4t N5105 Celeron is fully eligible, even if less than half as fast and half the threads....)

And I'm pretty sure MS will skip the next odd release anyway purely due to marketing.
Triskaidekaphobia is a thing.
True, but darn it... Windows 13 would be hilarious!

@MDD1963 When most malware breaches are slowed or halted with modern microcode and TPM, yeah... Microsoft says no. Old CPUs carry with them too much risk in the business world. It's not the performance, it's the security features and design. I'm not quite sold on the home world... but gen 8s will be quite dated when next October gets here, much less the older stuff. Upgrade darn it! You'll probably want the newer USB interfaces and other features anyway.

And I'm pretty sure MS will skip the next odd release anyway purely due to marketing.
Triskaidekaphobia is a thing.
Let's use the names again. Like XP, Vista, Millenium...
I'm pretty sure Windows 12 as "Windows Genisys" will do it :)

PS, if you don't want copilot - just hook up a second monitor. Apparently, Copilot doesn't work with multi-monitor setups.. and it's still not installed on my 11 23H3 system with 3 monitors.
@phaZed You are correct.

I can confirm that Co-Pilot does not appear on multi monitor systems.
Today I upgraded a business clients systems to Windows 11 23H2. (You stated yours was 23H3?)

One desktop PC with 2 monitors and one Desktop PC with 4 Monitors.
I don't think Co-Pilot even installed?

However, on an HP AIO Touch PC (at the front desk) Co-Pilot showed the icon on the Taskbar and the side panel when the icon was clicked.

I could find no reference to Co-Pilot on the multi monitor systems.

If this is true, and I'm actually not doubting that it is, you know it won't be true for long. Copilot is absolutely central to Microsoft's business plans going forward. This is a bug and one that will likely be fixed, promptly.

@phaZed You are correct.

Today I upgraded a business clients systems to Windows 11 23H2. (You stated yours was 23H3?)

It's 23H2(not 23H3) - My fingers got in a rhythm there.

I was able to get it installed yesterday using Vivetool - and it works fine, just displaces the Desktop Icons while the panel is flown out. When the panel flies back in the Desktop icons return to their positions. @Sky-Knight had mentioned this behavior - and he is correct on that.
But yes, before, there was not one entry, one iota of Registry or Folder or file related to Copilot (Yes, I checked!).

I suspect @Sky-Knight was able to get it because he states he hooks up to a docking station - while other times he's single-monitor. Mine, being a desktop - is always 3 monitors.

@britechguy - Ya, this is certainly just a bump in the road - they'll have this sorted in some time. I'm actually surprised it's not already sorted out, as much as they're pushing it.

Reactions: GTP
@phaZed I installed the update that activates copilot before it was pulled, as did most in my company. The desktop I'm typing this on has two monitors, always has had two monitors, and yes I have Copilot. It moves my icons around... but meh, no big deal.

Also, as far as I know it's US only right now, everyone in the EU is still waiting, not to mention elsewhere.

The Reg tweaks that @Porthos posted work great!

The person using the aforementioned AIO with Co-Pilot decided they didn't want Co-Pilot after all, so I used the reg tweaks which removed all reference to it.

Back