Websites - My domain's vs Google My Business'

Rigo

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I do have a domain and a website + Google Ads pointing to it.
I also have GMB and there is an option there to develop a website. I started working on it but never published it as not sure how that would go along the current campaign based on the domain's site.
I do not want to put any budget on GMB but if it could help generate leads organically, that could be a bonus.
Or am I on the wrong track? :confused:
Some insights on how these all mush up greatly appreciated :)

Budget on GMB? It's free (so far!). Do you mean time? I'd just stick with the bog standard GMB listing.
Yeah, I know about the free part ~ AdWords Express? You can also put some money on it, which I do not intend to do.
A newer feature (wasn't there when I signed up way back) is setting up a website as well on GMB itself. That's the benefit of which I'm asking about.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know about the free part. You can also put some money on it, which I do not intend to do.
A newer feature (wasn't there when I signed up way back) is setting up a website as well on GMB itself. That's the benefit of which I'm asking about.

I've never seen anything about putting money on GMB :O

Google will see it as a duplicate and penalise you if you have 2 sites.
You have more control over your own domain & you can customise it to your liking. Stick with your website.
Learn SEO techniques from youtube. That's what I did.

Regards,

Google will see it as a duplicate and penalise you if you have 2 sites.
You have more control over your own domain & you can customise it to your liking. Stick with your website.
Learn SEO techniques from youtube. That's what I did.

Regards,

Only if the contents is the same.

I have 3 websites for my biz, 2 are on page 1 and the other is on page 2.

Hi Folks,
I do have a domain and a website + Google Ads pointing to it.
I also have GMB and there is an option there to develop a website. I started working on it but never published it as not sure how that would go along the current campaign based on the domain's site.
I do not want to put any budget on GMB but if it could help generate leads organically, that could be a bonus.
Or am I on the wrong track? :confused:
Some insights on how these all mush up greatly appreciated :)

Google likes GMB's to have their GMB Sites published, so I would set it up but when saving it'll ask you if you want to replace it as the site on your GMB, just hit no. It's just one more thing Google will use to lock down your entity in their eyes. Just my two cents. :)

Google likes GMB's to have their GMB Sites published, so I would set it up but when saving it'll ask you if you want to replace it as the site on your GMB, just hit no. It's just one more thing Google will use to lock down your entity in their eyes. Just my two cents. :)
Thanks mate,
You caught on the gist of my question! :)
Will work now on it and do as suggested as every useful bit must be done.

Back