Security Center not working, Error Win32: The specified module could not be found

B Trevathan

Reaction score
I have been working on a Windows XP Media Center Edition with SP2 PC, it was infested with malware, I have removed over 1,000 malware from it and I am trying to get all the services started up but I am having trouble with the security center, it only works halfway I guess, it show internet options and windows firewall and windows updates but nothing else, it doesn't show if anti-virus is installed or out of date or anything in that area. I went to services and security center shows disabled, I have tried to start it but no go so I clicked on its properties and clicked the dependencies tab and this is where one of my problems is I get this error:
Service Dependencies
Win32: The specified module could not be found
I have tried to Google for this error but I can't find anything with this error. Other services and things that wasn't working before that I got running now are:
Windows Firewall
Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
Task Manager
Folder options
System Restore
Anti-Malware programs
Any ideas? Thanks for the help

Last edited:
for that much malware, I wouldn't even have bothered romving it, i would just format!

It wasn't too hard to remove the malware, 214 were tracking cookies and a lot were image file execution option hijacks. I kind of like removing malware, I learn something new most of the time and the client gets the computer they remember back and working.

Last edited:
Back