BitPim alternative - Driving me nuts

~Wendy~

Reaction score
So I have this flip phone I'm able to access on a Windows 10 machine and with the correct drivers am able to see the device's storage but of course not the files. The best information after a month of research and frustration (ate a half dozen donuts in 2 days! :() I found only one program that is supposed to work - yes..BitPim. Installed and tried all the following:

1.) Win 10: Attempted multiple compatibility modes and admin settings. Best I got was a command window to briefly show up then disappear with error message to look in the .log file.
Log file:
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "bp.py", line 20, in <module>
File "bp_cli.pyo", line 21, in <module>
File "bp_config.pyo", line 19, in <module>
File "guihelper.pyo", line 23, in <module>
File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in <module>
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in <module>
File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 12, in <module>
File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.​
[Log file shows a bunch of python files missing even after extracting the library folder?]

2.) Downloaded and extracted package to Linux Satoki (Ubuntu...plus tried Kali) but it doesn't support my system in converting certain file formats (can't remember which one)
3.) Tried Howard Forums
4.) Reddit
5.) Verizon
6.) Linux Forums
7.) Was going to buy a used Cellebrite machine
8.) Standing on my head in the middle of the interstate shouting like a madwoman

So..... is there a modern equivalent to BitPim which hasn't been updated in a long while? Is there a Linux distro that supports BitPim? Edit to add: Will Andriller work on CDMA phones/

Oxygen forensics may work.

Paraben forensics has a tool as well.

If you've got real money to burn celebrite has awesome tools

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

I've been looking at Cellebrite on eBay and have found some reasonable prices but I wonder if they even work without a current license. Some discussions say that without updates it stops working, others say you won't be able to populate data from newer devices. Do you know anything about this?

Without a current license your just stuck with the phones covered by your license.

If you're only going to use it once I would look at some of my other suggestions first

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Back