[REQUEST] Samsung Magician Issue w/ Intel Rapid Storage

Appletax

Reaction score
Samsung Magician 5.1's compatibility feature is telling me that I cannot use some of its features unless I update my version of Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver. The link they provide sends me to the latest version, which is incompatible with my system.

I'm not experiencing any issues. Rapid Mode works.

What do?

Capture.PNG

Then you may as well stay with the RST drivers.. IIRC the NVME drivers will install and go into a non-NVME mode. You should still realize some more features in the Magician software.

The Samsung drivers 'unlock' those features, but you're not missing too much in there, so not much worry.

Then you may as well stay with the RST drivers.. IIRC the NVME drivers will install and go into a non-NVME mode. You should still realize some more features in the Magician software.

The Samsung drivers 'unlock' those features, but you're not missing too much in there, so not much worry.

"This driver supports Samsung NVMe SSD 960 PRO, 960 EVO and 950 PRO"

Oh well, lol.. you wont benefit from it much anyways. You won't be able to do samsung-centric stuff like Provisioning and such.. not a big thing.

I love how Samsung uses "Overprovisioning" for what I'd call "Underprovisioning." It's also trivially easy to do, just don't allocate partitions over the full size of the disk - the way SSDs work, everything gets cycled all over the storage media anyway.

I'm used to VMWare where "Overprovisioning" means "I have 1TB of storage and VMs with 1.5TB of storage allocated." This can be a way to get into real trouble - if doing this, drop a bunch of ISOs or the like into a folder on the drive array, because you may find an urgent need to clear space just to get VMs unhung.

Reactions: NJW
Back