Packard Bell oneTwo L5870 Poss drive error

Kitten Kong

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have a Packard Bell oneTwo L5870, which I think is a hard drive error, judging by what the client is informing me.

I am trying to get the back off this all in 1 machine, to get to the hard drive, and run some diagnostics on it.

However, there are only 2 screws I can see. Removing these, does not give me any further access. See attached.

I have looked for a service manual, and can find nothing. Acer tech support are saying take the machine to a qualified IT Tech, or send it in.

Anyone have any ideas as to how to remove this back panel?

Many thanks :)

Attachments

• 2013-12-04 10.54.15.jpg
    2013-12-04 10.54.15.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 58
I've not seen that one Nige but a couple I have seen slide out the side when the retaining screws are removed. A bit like laptop dvd drives. Have a closer look at the right and left hand edge

Is there anyway of removing the kick stand, I suspect there will be something behind that.

Packard Bell = Acer
Have a look on YouTube at some of the Acer AIO PCs. They are pretty similar.
Last one I opened was a real pain.
Had to remove the kickstand and then use a flat metal object to pop it open all round.

P.S. Can't you run diags with it in place?

Thanks guys.

Diags cant be run in place, as it ubcd etc, will locate the drive, but will not run any diags.

Tried all the youtube vids.

Removed the 2 screws as shown in the initial pic, managed to prise it apart 1/2 way round. Get stuck around the dvdrw. This ideally needs to be pulled out, however there is no way it will pull out as normal.

There are 2 other screws under the dvdrw, which need removing. 1 can be removed (just), the 2nd, all kinds of things are in the way.

No way of removing the kick stand.

Been in touch with the client, and told him pretty much, I can't do any more. 2 of us have been at this for 90 mins, and still can't get the back off. So client is collecting it tomorrow.

Thanks for all the suggestions though :)

Back