[SOLVED] Office 365 error message for new office setup

kwest

Reaction score
Transferred a 5 employee company to office365 4 per month plan. Of course the owners email is the one with the issue.

Here is the error message

Exchange: The proxy address "SMTP:Gclark@ercusa.net" is already being used by "gclark_97ddd8381e". Please choose another proxy address.
Exchange: An unknown error has occurred. Refer to correlation ID: 58956271-ca6f-49e9-9ea9-1e5b9b0e7e72

There is not a phone number I can call and when I go into his exchange settings it says that there is an error and it can't be fixed. I submitted a trouble ticket but I need this up and running my Monday morning. Not sure how long Microsoft trouble tickets take.

I am stuck with this. Please help if you can

Thanks in advance. Or if you have a phone number for office365 support that would help. I think it is on their end.

Thanks

kwest -

I'm no exchange expert, but you might want to have a look at this:

http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/148/t/86023.aspx

Also (I'm not finding a phone # on the web):

If you are experiencing a critical technical issue with Office 365 (for example, the service is unavailable or unstable), you can also talk directly to a Support representative for assistance. To find a phone number for your country or region, sign in to Office 365. On the Admin Overview page, on the left pane, under Support, click Overview.

Thanks

I followed the links info and deleted the account then undeleted his old email. No error now on the website but email is still not working. I am going to wait a day and see if it fixes itself.

well it is resolved and I needed their help.

Statement & Details of Solution
After running the powershell cmdlets and removing the duplicate mailboxes, and deleting and recreating the user, we were successfully able to create the user and mailbox.

http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/cc952755.aspx
PowerShell Cmdlet: Get-Mailbox -Identity "name/upn" |fl
Run Remove-Mailbox -Identity "guid"
Get-MsolUser -ReturnDeletedUsers | Remove-MsolUser -RemoveFromRecycleBin

It was very hard to find the number for support but I called and they answered right away and was helping. I was on hold for less than a minute.

Hidden number but well worth having.
877-913-2707

I love and hate microsoft exchange servers, and that is why I keep microsofts numbers (all of them that i've found for support) in a book. If you call their normal support hotline, they will give you the number of who handles what. You might have to be a little pushy with them, but they'll surrender the number

Back