Office 365 Cannot Copy & Paste

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am finding plenty of little gremlins with the Windows 11 operating system. We have an HP Prodesk with office 365 and on Excel and Word randomly the copy and paste function does not work and it throws up a sorry no can do box.

I have tried everything I can think of like applying updates, Uninstalling office 365 and reinstalling etc etc and to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and I would appreciate any help

Kind regards

Running lots of 365 on Win11 out there for a while now...haven't seen this. We ourselves at our office run on M365 Biz Prem, most of our rigs Win11, I copy and paste and use Snipping tool all day long.

First thing that comes to mind, graphics drivers.
Also, what system resources do you have? CPU, RAM
Long shot grasp....disable hardware accel for video?

What exactly is a a "Sorry no can do box"? Can you post an image of the error you are experiencing? Also as @Markverhyden stated, check event viewer in system and also applications and filter errors and warnings.

I had a similar issue, turns out my connector with my wireless keyboard and mouse was flakey. I replaced and then move the old ones to a new Windows 11 laptop, worked fine. Odd.

Thanks for the replies, yes it certainly has me baffled, it happens in Excel mainly. Yes sorry about the sorry no can do box, I couldn't remember exactly the error when I had got home last night but I did look it up at the time and it suggested the usual, uninstall and reinstall etc. That did work for a while but it has come back again. The next time im in (Friday) I will post the exact error message that is shown just for reference.

Also its a wired keyboard and mouse so I wasn't that lucky :)

I will also check the event viewer

Thanks in the meantime, I will report back what I find

Doesn't mean it can't get flakey. Be sure to try another one.
I had ruled this out due to the error message that pops up. Although weirdly the user says its working again now but for how long. I have told him to send me the error if or when it occurs again and I will update you. Seems an intermittent issue that comes and goes.

Thanks to all who replied.

I had ruled this out due to the error message that pops up. Although weirdly the user says its working again now but for how long. I have told him to send me the error if or when it occurs again and I will update you. Seems an intermittent issue that comes and goes.

Thanks to all who replied.
If it hasn't already been done when/if it fails again the user should immediately try pasting into Wordpad. Also it would be useful to know if the error occurs during the copy function or the paste function.

Back