OffIce 2010 Pro will not activate

wardoursecure

Reaction score
I have a business customer that refuses to use Office 2013 as they have a lot of copies of 2010.
They have a laptop that has died so want to reuse the Office Pro licence on a new windows 7 laptop.

However all the downloads I have are the office pro trial and when it comes to activating the phone option is greyed out and the over internet option fails.

I forget the error message but it points to the trial time being expired.

Could it be that it was originally installed for a retail pack and now a download?

I tried the cscript vbs activation which seems to run ok but still it fails.

Anyone got any got any ideas?

Might not be related, but did you try disabling A/V and firewalls, filters etc.
I recently did a client that was having trouble activating Office 2010 and it was their Mcafee blocking it.

Had a similar issue a while back. Try running Word as administrator then activate. Sounds too simple but worked for three 2010 installations in a local office that would error out on activation. *EDIT* You may have to find the exe for this to work.

Last edited:
Right I am back after a long client office move. Reinstalling Office after downloading from the link above and it still tells me its an Office Pro Install.
I tried running Word as Admin and that made no difference.
I have disabled AV and will at least see the error message if it reports it again.
Standby for feedback

OK none of tat has worked, even runnign Word from the .EXE as administrator
The exact error message is
An unspecified error has occurred. Your request cannot be processed at the is time. Please try again later (0xC004C032)

Back