Notifications for shared calendars

rustynails87

Reaction score
I have a client on 2010 exchange and they want to set up a shared calendar. The caveat to this is that they all want to receive the notifications of these calendar entries within their Outlook and possibly mobile devices... I have tried creating a public calendar under public folders and also creating a new shared calendar under someones email account and sharing out. Neither of these options notify anyone of any events...

Anyone have a solution? In researching it looks like the only way is to add the shared email account to each persons Outlook as a 2nd exchange account and then the notifications will work? This seems asinine...

So I just got updated as to exactly what they want done... As they wrote "I would like to receive an email notification every time someone logs time off in the calendar." She is referring to an inter-office Time Off calendar that has yet to be created. Is this request possible?

From a Microsoft forum:

--
Correct, you can't receive meeting notifications from a Public Folder Calendar.

What you can do however (if you are the owner of that Public Folder calendar), is open the Properties of that folder and use the Folder Assistant to forward the messages to your own address and add it to your own Calendar.
--

It sounds like it won't work to me. Also, Exchange 2010 will be EOL next January along with Win7 & SBS2011. They should be looking for another email solution now in any event.

Back