Need a replacement SPAM filtering service

lsi

Reaction score
So Intel has announced End of Life for MX Logic which they recently purchased from Mcafee. I need a SPAM filtering service that is cheap but effective. What is everyone else using for customers that have on-premise exchange but want an offsite SPAM filter that will also offer email continuity (email archive, mail spooling, etc)?

For cheap off-site anti-spam I recommend SpamHero. You'll never beat something that's based on IronPort for accuracy, but SpamHero is pretty much impossible to beat in terms of value-for-money.

I've looked at quite a few email continuity products, but never investigated any that were cheap. Mimecast and Mailguard were the most impressive. For "cheap but effective" check out ExchangeDefender. I haven't used it myself, but it's $2pupm for 1-year of archiving with OWA access to the archive if your on-site server goes down.

We purchased a SpamTitan cluster license, hosted on our own hardware in-house (and an offsite copy of the cluster for MX2).
Works well, good support (they're out of Ireland but have a good US presence), and low cost per mailbox (than the typical big names) so you can do a good markup and make much more than the others.

Allows branding also.

Back