Microsoft will stop selling Windows 10 on January 31st 2023!

Microsoft updated its Windows 10 product pages recently to note the January 31st cutoff date for sales, but it’s not clear how the company will treat similar downloads and license keys available from retailers like Amazon. We asked Microsoft to comment on Windows 10 license keys and downloads from third-party retailers, but the company only confirmed its own plans to remove its own sales.
I suspect that Amazon, and others, have a bulk of unsold keys so you will still be able to get them from the online box stores. But it is possible that they directly get keys on the fly from Microsoft. If so then everyone will shut down at the end of the month.

Makes me wonder if anything will change in regard to those who are very late in trying a Win7/8.1 to Windows 10 upgrade. These have continued to work, just fine, up until now. I'll be curious to see if that changes.

Makes me wonder if anything will change in regard to those who are very late in trying a Win7/8.1 to Windows 10 upgrade. These have continued to work, just fine, up until now. I'll be curious to see if that changes.
I doubt they will. M$ maintains that because they would rather have people take the free offer vs using some hack that can disable security and promote malware. There is a certain market that will not buy Windows ever so Microsoft chooses to just give it to them as that is safer than piracy. It's also why you can install Windows 11 on unsupported hardware.

Not sure why anyone is shocked, any time a new OS is released the old one stops being sold. And yes, it's time.

That being said, Win10 and Win11 have the same licensing system. So yes, you can use Win11 keys to install Windows 10 as a result.

Back