Ipad repairs - digitizer and LCDS

I am sorry but maybe i should've made this clear i order about 4,000 dollar worth of merchandise from china every month all of them for apple products and i have being doing it for about 5 years. I know what OEM is and I know most of the companies that do this. I know which ones make their own screens and the ones that don't so both of you chill with your silly analogies If you don't know what you're talking about its okay to say I don't know. and OP i think thats a smart choice sometimes its better to be the middleman in business then to be the front man.

Good for you for spending $4,000 per month on fake Apple Products.

Good for you for spending $4,000 per month on fake Apple Products.
Mercenary you're not in the mobile device industry... please dont open your mouth if you have no clue.

in the last 15 days we spent 12 thousand in china, original lcd and original glass from apple manufactures. can i get aftermarket 3rd party? sure but i don't because the additional expense is well worth the near 0% failure rate.
if you check the model/serial numbers on the screens as well as the barcodes you can find out if they are original equipment manufacture parts.

another way is to compare the screen that the apple store installs vs ours... usually they are from the same company and same grades.

we rarely have ipad digi issues but i do know alot of places that do.

Mercenary you're not in the mobile device industry... please dont open your mouth if you have no clue.

in the last 15 days we spent 12 thousand in china, original lcd and original glass from apple manufactures. can i get aftermarket 3rd party? sure but i don't because the additional expense is well worth the near 0% failure rate.
if you check the model/serial numbers on the screens as well as the barcodes you can find out if they are original equipment manufacture parts.

another way is to compare the screen that the apple store installs vs ours... usually they are from the same company and same grades.

Well somebody knows what they are talking about.

This has nothing to do with being in the "mobile device industry" as it goes on in every industry and just because they put model/serial numbers and barcodes on them don't make them legit parts. It's called gray market for a reason and the manufacturer is going behind Apple's back and selling parts to you that are not authorized by Apple.

It's plain and simple, you are buying unauthorized parts from one of Apple's manufactures. Call them OEM if you want.

This has nothing to do with being in the "mobile device industry" as it goes on in every industry and just because they put model/serial numbers and barcodes on them don't make them legit parts. It's called gray market for a reason and the manufacturer is going behind Apple's back and selling parts to you that are not authorized by Apple.

It's plain and simple, you are buying unauthorized parts from one of Apple's manufactures. Call them OEM if you want.
what does OEM stand for?
original Equipment Manufacture.

cell phones are like cars they contain many different parts, screens for the 6 are made by japan display, lg and sharp.
so technically just like replacing my bosch sparkplugs with bosch spark plugs as long as the screen is still coming from lg or sharp etc... it is oem.

When referring to auto parts, OEM refers to parts and manufacturers involved in the final assembly of a vehicle—in contrast to whoever made aftermarket parts that were installed later. For example, if Ford used Autolite spark plugs, Exide batteries, Bosch fuel injectors, and Ford's own engine blocks and headswhen building a car, then car restorers andcollectors consider all of those brands as OEM brands, in contrast to aftermarket brands (such as Champion plugs, DieHardbatteries, Kinsler fuel injectors, and BMP engine blocks and heads). This can mean that Bosch injectors, for example, are considered OEM parts on one car model and aftermarket parts on another model.

I am sorry but maybe i should've made this clear i order about 4,000 dollar worth of merchandise from china every month all of them for apple products and i have being doing it for about 5 years. I know what OEM is and I know most of the companies that do this. I know which ones make their own screens and the ones that don't so both of you chill with your silly analogies If you don't know what you're talking about its okay to say I don't know. and OP i think thats a smart choice sometimes its better to be the middleman in business then to be the front man.

Just stating facts man. You are lieing to your customers if you are telling them you are using oem.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2751278

our advertising says oem when possible.

as a theoretical argument though would you then say that an auto shop can't claim any parts as oem if bought from say napa since ford didn't sell them?

I believe independent shops can buy oem parts from the make like ford or Chevy. Not sure if they are the way Apple is. Any other brand PC you can buy oem laptop keyboards and LCD screens and other parts because they sell them.

I just know Apple holds their parts for themselves.

I just know Apple holds their parts for themselves.
I don't know enough to enter into this argument one way or another, but do you have a source for this information? I am assuming you mean they have clauses in their contracts that prevent the OEM manufacturers from selling the individual components they manufactured?

I don't know enough to enter into this argument one way or another, but do you have a source for this information? I am assuming you mean they have clauses in their contracts that prevent the OEM manufacturers from selling the individual components they manufactured?

My argument has nothing to do with Apple. It has to do with using the term oem. Using that term means you are using parts that are from the original equipment manufacturer. Apple will not sell their parts to anyone but themselves or certified resellers. Their parts manufactures selling parts are not the same.

Don't want to keep going on with this disagreement. I guess I have a different point of view than others on oem. No big deal.

what does OEM stand for?
original Equipment Manufacture.

cell phones are like cars they contain many different parts, screens for the 6 are made by japan display, lg and sharp.
so technically just like replacing my bosch sparkplugs with bosch spark plugs as long as the screen is still coming from lg or sharp etc... it is oem.

When referring to auto parts, OEM refers to parts and manufacturers involved in the final assembly of a vehicle—in contrast to whoever made aftermarket parts that were installed later. For example, if Ford used Autolite spark plugs, Exide batteries, Bosch fuel injectors, and Ford's own engine blocks and headswhen building a car, then car restorers andcollectors consider all of those brands as OEM brands, in contrast to aftermarket brands (such as Champion plugs, DieHardbatteries, Kinsler fuel injectors, and BMP engine blocks and heads). This can mean that Bosch injectors, for example, are considered OEM parts on one car model and aftermarket parts on another model.

You're talking apples and oranges Chris.

In the auto market vehicle manufactures buy parts from other manufactures that have their own product line, they also have suppliers that manufacture parts that they have designed. Companies like Bosch are able to sale the parts the make because they are Bosh parts.

When it comes to Apple products all of the manufactures in China and other countries that make the parts for Apple's products are doing so under a license agreement with Apple. Individual components like those made from Samsung are owned by the company that makes the and the can sell them how ever they want (unless it's proprietary to Apple). Once those components are assembled into an assembly they belong to Apple and the Suppliers like Foxconn have no right to sell them to anyone else but Apple. So that Touch screen and digitizer you are buy is being illegally sold to you by whatever source you are buying them from

The point is Apple doesn't allow it's Assemblies to be sold to anyone else but itself and its authorized repair centers. That is why what you are buying is Gray market and are not official or authorized parts.

The point is Apple doesn't allow it's Assemblies to be sold to anyone else but itself and its authorized repair centers. That is why what you are buying is Gray market and are not official or authorized parts.

That's the reason ICE was raiding repair shops a while back. You can call it an OEM part all you want, Apple calls it counterfeit.

I think this argument has run its course lets agree to disagree.I think I and chris know enough about this industry and we know in the context of apple products What OEM part means and what it doesn't. The only reason the argument got heated is because the two gentlemen applied general assumptions to a specific Area. If this argument was about something else that i didn't know about i wouldn't have made the same assumptions. At the end all is well.

Back