I need a quality micro screwdriver set

MichaelEC

Reaction score
I don't yet have access to the technician's forum and I would like to know what sort of high-end quality screwdrivers some of you are using.

I am in need of a set that goes down to PH000 in a philips head and 1mm in slotted. Torx down to #4 or so and either a quality spinner handle or individual tools.

Money is not a consideration, quality is.

I've seen some stuff on e-Bay, but I'd probably rather buy from Mouser, Digikey, or McMaster-Carr if
anyone can recommend something.

Thanks!

Interesting. I have exactly the same set (3 sets in fact) but in yellow, made by Xenta:
https://www.amazon.com/Xenta-Premium-piece-precision-mobile/dp/B01HR4PSZS/
I didn't pay that much for them though ... £5 each from Ebuyer:
http://www.ebuyer.com/645310-xenta-premium-38-piece-precision-mobile-phone-tool-kit-eb89y21

Yeahh.. Mine were yellow and may have been a different brand name. Despite being generic they have served us well. Would you recommend them to the OP? I would!

Yeahh.. Mine were yellow and may have been a different brand name. Despite being generic they have served us well. Would you recommend them to the OP? I would!
I wouldn't say they're a particularity high quality set, but yeah, they've lasted. Cheap and cheerful. Cheap enough to have a few sets lying around in case something breaks in one of them.

The New 64 bit iFixit kit is, in my opinion much better quality than the original. I have and use both, but I always use the new one and let the newbs use the old one. I had to replace the handle on the original once because the top broke off (iFixit support made it a breeze and replaced it with no questions through their lifetime warranty), but the new handle seems indestructable.

That said, if you can afford a proper Wiha or Wera set of screw drivers, those are gold. I have a set from PH000 to PH1, and their Pentalobe driver, and all of them are quality, and much more accurately shaped than the ifixit bits (which themselves are much better shaped than any of the cheaper sets I've tried). People come in sometimes with stripped screws and ask if I have an extractor, and I say "Yep, let me get my Wiha" and I can get out any screw so long as it still at least has a head. They also don't wear down and lose their edge, at least not in the 5 years of daily use they've seen so far. My Torx set of Wera tools is the same way, just great stuff.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

I believe it will be the Wiha individual screwdrivers. I hate fumbling around with bits to lose and a driver head.

Wiha sounds like the quality I'm looking for. And made in Germany at that. Can't go wrong there.

ifixit is good, I have 2 different sets. The interchangeable bits are nice, also magnetic, but if you need to reach into a deep hole, the bits will not fit, individual long shank screwdriver set is the way to go in that case.

As an aside, even though I love the flexibility of the ifixit set, the bits tend to rust in my humid area in Penna.

Back