HP P6 desktop, motherboard corrupt UEFI bios?

d3v

Reaction score
I have a HP P6 series desktop using a h-joshua-h61-uatx motherboard.

A google search reveals loads of people having issues with this mobo, suggesting it's BIOS/UEFI is easily corrupted. It is made by Foxconn.

People are also stumped as to how to recover the BIOS, no instructions can be found except HP's generic jumper pin article that does not help.

Interesting thing is that I can get the PC to work perfectly fine if I discharge it, then boot power up, usually once I change the RAM module to 1-2 slot, but then upon restarting/shutting down it just won't POST again, until I repeat the above process.

Anyone able to see how to set the jumpers to possibly repair/refresh the BIOS/UEFI or maybe how to go about re-flashing the UEFI image?

SDC13107.jpg

Looks like you just pull the jumper and boot machine. Once bios has been recovered then power off, install jumper and continue.

You mean the jumper on the right side set of pins makred "BIOS RECOVERY"? I just pulled it off, powered on, machine now spins up and down the fans repeatedly. Powered-down, placed jumper back in original position, powered-on.... still won't POST.

Replaced the CMOS battery?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Deskto...-p6-2364ea-Desktop-PC-Bios-Reset/td-p/2947313

To reset the CMOS...
  1. Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
  2. Move the jumper to from pins 1-3 (default) to pins 3-5.
  3. Plug the power cord back in, and turn the PC on. The BIOS settings should be at the defaults now.
  4. Shut down the PC, unplug the power cord.
  5. Move the jumper back to the default position (pins 1-3).
  6. Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back