Has anyone created a tool to fix vista system files

Galdorf

Reaction score
I did a cleaning on a customers machine vista home premium 32bit he had quite a few patched exe and dll files the os is un-bootable and to replace the infected files seems to be a nightmare on vista of mounting the image and copying the files to something.
Is there any tool out there that makes this easier?.

+3
Code:
sfc /scannow

should have no issues...

if the system is none bootable as described the above won't work but it's pretty easy to figure out how to get it to work so should still work fine for you :)

I have tried sfc from dart disc oddly enough it does not show any missing files but i have the log and the quarantine directory on the hd that has the missing files in it.
Its just having to mount the install image and unpack it to a device is a pain i thought there would be a tool out by now to extract a file from vista dvd to whatever directory.
I have also checked the windows directory on the cleaned drive and yes it is missing some files they were patched.
So now i am replacing the missing files and it is working fine just don't like the idea of having extra dvd's for 32 and 64 bit vista system files that are unpacked.

I have tried sfc from dart disc oddly enough it does not show any missing files but i have the log and the quarantine directory on the hd that has the missing files in it.
Its just having to mount the install image and unpack it to a device is a pain i thought there would be a tool out by now to extract a file from vista dvd to whatever directory.
I have also checked the windows directory on the cleaned drive and yes it is missing some files they were patched.
So now i am replacing the missing files and it is working fine just don't like the idea of having extra dvd's for 32 and 64 bit vista system files that are unpacked.

Try sfc when you boot from a full Vista disc. It's always worked for me.

Back