(SOLVED) Tool to keep a running live "sync" tween an...(ugh)...Yahoo account to new 365 account?

I have not used this tool but did a demo with them before I realized I could do imap migrations built into M365. It does have a scheduling feature and is only $6 ish per mailbox. They do have a 100 mailbox minimum but I believe you can use those for different migrations. Reach out to their sales guy explain the situation and see if they’ll give you one to learn the product.

I have not used this tool but did a demo with them before I realized I could do imap migrations built into M365. It does have a scheduling feature and is only $6 ish per mailbox. They do have a 100 mailbox minimum but I believe you can use those for different migrations. Reach out to their sales guy explain the situation and see if they’ll give you one to learn the product.

CodeTwo has some cool products, I've used their Signature manager for 365 for clients.
But for migrations I've had a long time account with MigrationWiz.

But anyways, the solution to this one, I used to take POP and shove it to the mailbox, like Lisa reminded me to keep trying.
My initial couple of attempts to get POP working were futile....as this client was an oddball in the "migration" from SNET to SBC to ATT to Yahoo. In taking days to get a hold of support for either one, nobody in support could admit to having this client on their servers. Various POP settings I tried kept failing. Even their "web portal"...was confused....where you'd normally go to generate the app password for Outlook...was "busted" in their SBC by Yahoo branded portal, and you'd go to manage your account and the browser would try to redirect to a different ATT by Yahoo portal..and get stuck trying to open up. Endless..endless..endless. Felt like such a dead end project with an abandonded email.

BUT I kept trying, and using one of their older computers I was able to get to their account management over on their newish ATT by Yahoo page..and generate that app password for Outlook to work...on POP..and now it's pulling down and pushing into the 365 mailbox.

..odd feeling circling back to doing tricks I used to do 25 or so years ago....and haven't in so long...

as this client was an oddball in the "migration" from SNET to SBC to ATT to Yahoo.
A lot of those companies that walked away from free email hosting, which also included Verizon, have just washed their hands of it all. Got a customer that had VZ email for years, VZ passed them all off to AOL several years ago. I recently found out, new to me at least, that Comcast/Xfinity Business no longer offers a free email address on a new business account setup. But they've left the existing one's in place for now.

Unfortunately this customer is of the kind that absolutely "understands" how this all works. To complicate things he's moved his business to a gmail for biz account, but using @gmail.com, so I've forwarded his old VZ email. So rather than listen to my explanation he just keeps calling support, all of them, Apple, Verizon, Google and AOL, until he get the answer that dovetails with what he believes is happening.

Got a customer that had VZ email for years, VZ passed them all off to AOL several years ago.

As did I. She recently passed away and when I had to set up to monitor her email as her executor (she was a dear friend, too) it was an interesting experience getting it working again.

Back