Hair & Beauty Salon Management Software

Compbck

Reaction score
I have a customer who owns a Hair & Beauty Salon in North London, who would like to introduce a computerised management system into the business. We have had a quick glance at a company called Salon Genius, but the cost is quite high, and after reading a couple of associated forums from previous purchasers of the software, I am looking elsewhere for similar products.

I realise that I am based in the UK, but would appreciate any recommendations from other technicians who have either installed or purchased such a system for a hair salon client, and received favourable feedback regarding its usage.

What does the client need the system to do? Start there. Then look for either a generic system that will work for them or find something from another industry that would work.

I think that a restaurant/bar POS system with a GUI would be a good place to start. You should be able to get something that does just about the same thing without any fuss. I'm not too sure about the costs involved for a restaurant/bar POS system though and they may or may not be higher than the system you looked at.

The main concern would be usability so you need to make sure that the client has time to test any potential systems that you find. Also make sure the system doesn't require proprietary parts that could hinder migration to a new system or cause problems if the developer/manufacturer goes out of business.

Hey, I don't have much experience with it but most of the salons around here use Kitomba - http://www.kitomba.com/.
From what I've seen it looks really easy to use and setup.
No idea on costs sorry.

Edit: Saw the post below and thought I should also mention that Kitomba support is really good too, they responded to emails quickly and were great on the phone when I upgraded one of my client's servers.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies guys, I have had a brief look, and both the suggested packages have great merit. At least they both provide some form of trial download, which will really help to choose the correct package.

Back