friendly SEO tip for your sigs....

B

BostonGeek1

I noticed everyone is doing this in their sigs and its kind of driving me nuts. After the first link from a page to specific page (i.e. from your sig to your website), the rest of the links TO THAT SAME PAGE FROM THE SAME PAGE DO NOT GET COUNTED. There is NO NEED to put 500 keywords in your sigs....use the 2nd,3rd,4th,5th whatever areas, to point to ANOTHER web property you have, for example your linked in profile, company fan page, twitter profile, etc......and tag it with your brand instead of 'computer repair + blah blah blah'.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed everyone is doing this in their sigs and its kind of driving me nuts. After the first link from a page to specific page (i.e. from your sig to your website), the rest of the links TO THAT SAME PAGE FROM THE SAME PAGE DO NOT GET COUNTED. There is NO NEED to put 500 keywords in your sigs....use the 2nd,3rd,4th,5th whatever areas, to point to ANOTHER web property you have, for example your linked in profile, company fan page, twitter profile, etc......and tag it with your brand instead of 'computer repair + blah blah blah'.

Actually I dont know if anyone here has actually ever researched their backlinks from here, but the links in your signature dont count. You only get a backlink from the website in your profile and it is anchor texted for "Visit Username's Homepage". All other links dont like your sig dont count on technibble

Actually I dont know if anyone here has actually ever researched their backlinks from here, but the links in your signature dont count. You only get a backlink from the website in your profile and it is anchor texted for "Visit Username's Homepage". All other links dont like your sig dont count on technibble

from google webmater tools

Links to your site
Domains Total links
technibble.com 1,199

not a SEO expert but, so google list them as backlinks but doesnt count them??

Thanks for the tip, i'm clueless with this sort of thing. So in my signature should I have anything at all?

AFAIK each link to a different page counts but not multiple times. I.e you don't get 1000 of the same link counting 1000 times.

I've seen time and time again entire technibble threads get indexed by google, and your sig in them is a do-follow link. I haven't seen any backlinks created by technibble profile pages, but then again I haven't looked for them.

I would really not try to game this though, this is a great forum and Bryce is kind enough to do-follow the sigs and allow multiple entries, this is very rare..............

from google webmater tools

Links to your site
Domains Total links
technibble.com 1,199

not a SEO expert but, so google list them as backlinks but doesnt count them??

If you look at your google list you will also find nofollow backlinks in there as well. Google lists every link.

If you look at your google list you will also find nofollow backlinks in there as well. Google lists every link.

I found this website by looking at the backlinks one of my competitors had. I'm not sure if signature links are set to No Follow; does anyone know for sure?

Regardless, it still counts as a backlink and it will still help you get indexed by the bots even if it won't really help in terms of ranking.

I found this website by looking at the backlinks one of my competitors had. I'm not sure if signature links are set to No Follow; does anyone know for sure?

Code:
		<!-- message -->
		<div id="post_message_181190">
I noticed everyone is ......</div>
		<!-- / message -->
		<!-- sig -->
			<div>
<a href="http://www.allitsupported.com" target="_blank">IT Support</a><br />

<a href="http://www.twitter.com/allitsupported" target="_blank">All IT Supported</a>
			</div>
		<!-- / sig -->
Clearly they are follow links.

Last edited:
Umm. What?

For my second job, I run a web design, SEO, and online marketing company. BELIEVE me, the signature links from this forum most certainly DO count towards SEO. :D

No, they are not nofollow links. Even if they were, many types of nofollow links have started to gain SEO value. Google won't admit this, but it's true.

Back