Embedded video wont play on iOS devices Error Code: 224002

thecomputerguy

Reaction score
I have a client who wants to access some training videos from a website on her mobile devices (iPad, iPhone), when attempting to access the video on an iOS device we get error code 224002, not sure if it's some weird HTML5 thing or something, there's not a lot of information on Google about it. It mostly looks like the website uses a garbage player.

I have confirmed this video works on a PC and an Android device.

I will not work on any iOS device using Safari, Chrome, or Firefox. I have been able to reproduce the issue on my Wife's iPad, and her husbands iPhone on different networks and on Data, and I'm not sure how to fix it.

The client put a ticket into support and they said

Thank you for contacting TexasBarCLE. I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing. The class you are trying to access is working correctly on our end. Are you on a work or school network? In those instances, there are sometimes network settings in place to prevent the video feed. In this case you can contact your internal IT support for assistance. If you are on a home personal network, you can try updating your browser’s security settings to allow streaming from TexasBarCLE.com and allowing cookies from the website, to resolve the issue. I apologize again for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Please feel free to contact me if you need further assistance.

20220802_124530.jpg

That is not a Safari Error code but rather a JW Player error code.

Failed to decode the associated resource. Equivalent to the HTML5 MEDIA_ERR_DECODE mediaError. Error loading media: Unknown decode error This video file cannot be played.

More than likely a config file is wrong and iOS devices are unable to play. You will likely need to send them a screenshot of the error or the code, and tell them the error is the JW Player they use, and that a Level 2 or higher tech will need to look into the issue. Your typical Level 1 tech is replying by script.

Back