emails sit in outbox yet other times they go.

Reaction score
Client has most recent outlook from M365, they have an M365 account for their business (which they only use for calendar synching (but thats a whole other story) 4 users however one computer (brand new) has been having this weird anomoly of having email sit in the outbox and no matter how many times we hit send receive they wont go out. Sometime they can delete and resend but of course that is not ideal. By the way this email account is their local ISP free emails (A whole other conversation). Outlook never reports an error it almost behaves like there is no email in the outbox, because I can come in and send a test email to my companies email and it goes out, most often if outlook is stuck in a loop in wont send any emails until the problem email is removed.

I have removed that email profile and reinstalled (I haven't yet repaired outlook)

So in their outllok they have the m365 account, and their isp imap account. Another user has the identical setup except a different m365 account and they have no problems with that local isp email account (which they share it as it is their main email).

Also email won't arrive either even though the other computers receives them when they are pushed.

I will do a repair tonight but I can't keep kicking this can down the road it has to be remediated soon. Oh by the way the size of the emails isn't the issue sometimes these are short hello emails, with no attachments.

Thanks..

Really need to get them off of that ISP email. Even setting that up to forward to a shared M365 mailbox would be better and then they can reply from THAT box and get the client to start using the proper domain email. And you wouldn't have to fetch from a crappy email server you can PUSH it to M365 shared box and down to the users that need access to it.

Just to be sure I understand this is a single PC used by multiple users. If so do we know if there are concurrent user sessions logged in? If there are is this due to overlapping shifts or just poor user practices?

Just to be sure I understand this is a single PC used by multiple users. If so do we know if there are concurrent user sessions logged in? If there are is this due to overlapping shifts or just poor user practices?
I don't think it is a single PC. I think they have one OLD company email address that several employees are sharing plus the individual M365 accounts.

SO: acmewidgets@myisp.com which they have had for years and bob@acmewidgets.com, sue@acmewidgets.com, john@acmewidgets.com, etc. They refuse to give up the old ISP address and several of the employees have access to it. I see this crap so often.

Still goes down a similar route if the address is shared where the ISP might have some security blocks that come up when hit too many times from multiple sources. These types of blocks are often automatic and have a window where they time out and most that I have seen don't provide any error messages or indications it is a silent block.

Still goes down a similar route if the address is shared where the ISP might have some security blocks that come up when hit too many times from multiple sources. These types of blocks are often automatic and have a window where they time out and most that I have seen don't provide any error messages or indications it is a silent block.
Yep which is why I was advocating for forwarding the email to a shared box. Then there is no connectivity issues.

NOTHING.. It does nothing... I think it is as simple as Outlook is broke... I will remove it and reinstall.
Logical next step. But if it was me though I'd try starting Outlook in safe mode first. That can clear certain persistent data. The launch it normally. Doesn't work then a clean install.

Thanks all, however i will get "It always worked this way before".. Can't get them of the ISP email heck this is an attorney and he doesnt even have a website.

Thanks all, however i will get "It always worked this way before".. Can't get them of the ISP email heck this is an attorney and he doesnt even have a website.
And yet what I suggest will look no different to them in outlook but will work and what they are doing is broken and prone to breakage. IMAP sucks as does having an ISP account you can't properly secure.

You need to run and install the MFCMAPI and find the corrupted email. You can remove it there. Seen this with emails from Comcast before. Github might have the download, or google it. Simple app.

Back