Can't install KB968930 (Powershell & WinRM 2.0 for Vista)

AlaDes

Reaction score
I am having a problem installing one of Microsoft's important updates: KB968930 (Windows Powershell 2.0 and WinRM 2.0 for Windows Vista). The customer has told me that he's had this issue for over two years now. The error I keep getting is 80070020.

The Things I have done are resetting the permissions, repairing Windows Update Services, and just about all of Microsoft's solutions that are available.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. If I can't find a solution, I will try an in place upgrade next. Thanks!

Check installed updates from the Control Panel and see if that KB is listed as already installed. If so, try uninstalling it. Then run Windows Update again to re-install.

Sometimes c:\windows\windowsupdate.log will give you some insight into what is causing the problem.

Most recently I had a Win7 Client PC that failed the RDP 8.0 update. The log file gave me a pointer to the fact that Windows Firewall had been disabled. When I fixed the firewall issue the RDP update installed successfully.

Ok, I found out what the problem was. I found and uninstalled Windows Management Core, which had the same kb number as the powershell update and everything went fine thereafter ;)

Back