[REQUEST] Can we mirror normal tv to computer?

People connect computers/laptops to assorted TV's for use as monitors millions of times per year, be it from computer's HDMI/VGA/DVI/Display Port output to TV's required input format, as required....

(I had to look up the term 'AVI', however....; I confess, still not 100% sure what you were actually asking...)

(I had to look up the term 'AVI', however....; I confess, still not 100% sure what you were actually asking...)

Agreed. I understand VGA, DVI, HDMI, Displayport, Composite, Component, S-video and probably more that I can't remember but AVI is a file format/codec type, not video feed. Hmmm...... More details needed. It's also relatively easy to cross between some of them (Displayport to HDMI) with the right cable.

Well, they make both DP to HDMI and DVI to HDMI cables, usually for a whopping $8-$10 or so...

There are even HDMI to VGA w/sound adapters but as a rule I try not to cross from analog to digital or visa versa if possible.

Last edited:
Well, I'm confused. The thread title implies the objective is to put live tv on a computer but in the message it sounds like it's the reverse, to stream computer content to the TV. That is two different scenarios as far as I know.

Back