Anyone used an LVDS tester like this one?

I'm wondering how difficult it is to determine the right cable to use looking at the original. I'm also guessing that if you use a "power on the left" cable and you should really have used a "power on the right" cable, that bad things will happen.

I had one like it. Never used it. I was going to offer to give it away here but I can't find it. I must have tossed it when I did the initial cleanup in my shop after closing the doors as all the years I had it I never used it.

@HCHTech That's an interesting point. Which kind of cables is that on? The reason I am asking, is that I just want to use it for 30 pin and 40 pin laptop screens, to test them outside of the computer, to test replacements on arrival, and to test used screens on laptops from the bone pile for resale.

I've had a few bad screens sent to me lately, and returns are such a huge pain. Luckily, in both cases, the original screen was broken but in good enough shape to tell that the cable was working. However, it led to some awkward conversations with customers where I had to hold onto their laptop longer than I had planned, while I ordered another replacement.

Back