Bulk Crap Uninstaller - Experience(s) with and Opinions of . . .

Never hear of it. But looks like it might hold potential so I'll grab a copy, thanks for the link. But, to be honest, I find a nuke and pave with just the base OS is the best de-cr@pyfier of all. But I can see where this be a time saver for consumer machines.

I used it a while back and it seemed to do the job to a point.
I was a bit skeptical of some of it functions like removing hosts file entries as when I checked it hadn't done anything.
It also left a lot of rubbish on systems, especially HP and Lenovo.
I like to uninstall all their junk software, so I was a bit disappointed when it didn't.
Maybe later versions are better?
I might get it and try again.

Well, I agree with the N&P if you're just trying to get the very cleanest installation of Windows on new hardware, and have used the technique myself. But, at least for me, more often than not, this is not the situation I'm faced with.

But the feedback is appreciated.

I use and have used it for a long time and like it. I especially use it on gaming machines where programs and games are constantly being added and removed. For it to do its job completely it needs to be installed and resident when programs are installed so it can track what changes are made during program/game installation. But, even adding it late stage it seems to scrub for things that Windows uninstaller doesn't look for.

I use a portable version of IOBit uninstaller to remove bloat and crapware, including programs, apps and toolbars. I believe CCleaner and Revo Uninstaller also have a portable version with these options built in.

I use a portable version of IOBit uninstaller to remove bloat and crapware, including programs, apps and toolbars. I believe CCleaner and Revo Uninstaller also have a portable version with these options built in.
Be careful with versions of CCleaner after 5.41.6446 because Avast! took over CCleaner and added their malicious code and spyware (and god knows what else).
There is a discussion in the forum about it so just search it if you're interested.
Also, imo, IOBit doesnt have (and never has had) a good reputation and has been "dodgy" to say the least.
There are much better alternatives.

Last edited:
Be careful with versions of CCleaner after 5.41.6446 because Avast! took over CCleaner and added their malicious code and spyware (and god knows what else).
There is a discussion in the forum about it so just search it if you're interested.
Also, imo, IOBit doesnt have (and never has had) a good reputation and has been "dodgy" to say the least.
There are much better alternatives.
Thanks for the feedback!
I'm aware that the installable IOBit comes with a lot of bundleware, but with the portable version nothing is installed locally. Is it still dodgy for another reason?
What alternatives would you recommend?

Reactions: GTP
Thanks for the feedback!
I'm aware that the installable IOBit comes with a lot of bundleware, but with the portable version nothing is installed locally. Is it still dodgy for another reason?
What alternatives would you recommend?
I use the paid version of Geek Uninstaller and absolutely love it.
This ^^
Its a trusted program that I've used for many years.

Also, if you run into the same crapware on multiple systems you can batch that crap out of the installer supports wmic. I think it's:

wmic where product name ="Dell blah blah blah" call uninstall /nointeractive

You can also use wildcards.

Also, if you run into the same crapware on multiple systems you can batch that crap out of the installer supports wmic. I think it's:

wmic where product name ="Dell blah blah blah" call uninstall /nointeractive

wmic is simultaneously the most-powerful-yet-likely-most-underused part of Windows. We have a few dozen technotes on various commands, but I know we've barely scratched the surface on what it can do. Unfortunately in this case, the more a software is in the "definitely get rid of it" category, the less likely it is to have used msi.

Back