[SOLVED] Brother PC-FAX can't seem to get it installed

ell

Reaction score
This is why I hate taking on printer issues. Have a win 10 x64 22H2 trying to install a brother MFC-J497DW print to fax driver, I have installed and reinstalled the complete driver pkg and for some reason the PC-FAX driver is not getting installed, installs only the basic printing driver. What I'm trying to do is restore the print to fax interface : Brother driver as show here https://support.brother.com/g/b/faq...rod=mfcj1010dw_us_eu_as&faqid=faq00100747_000 I cannot find a way to install/launch it. When I open a pdf or any oter doc to print to fax the Brother PC-FAX printer is not available in printers, just two basic MFC-J497DW drivers. One thing I did discover is I can see the driver it in print server properties, is there a work around to get this thing installed? I tested the same full driver pkg on two other win 10 machines and the twain pc-fax app in the pkg installed fine. There has to be something blocking it, Ideas?

Untitled.png

Last edited:
my laptop has had a gazillion installs/removals over the years, it was due for it anyways

Can confirm - the computer I do the most testing on (lots of installs & uninstalls, registry edits, etc.) tends to act like this - weird things happening for a while, then some brick wall like this leads me to do a N&P, or new user profile, etc. A bench machine that only exists for one purpose seems to run just fine for years.

Back