Brother AIO Software Doesn't install properly.

Velvis

Reaction score
I've been trying to install the Brother SW on a new computer in order to take advantage of the scan to button on the printer. Because of the location of the printer this feature is pretty important to the client. (On his old computer he could just press scan to email and it would open thunderbird with the scan already attached.)

It's connected via wifi and works fine as a printer as well as using the Windows scan app.

When I try to install the Brother suite (either the current download or the original CD) it seems to install OK as it finds the printer and goes through the wizard without issue. However there are no applications installed nor any start menu entries. After installing I have tried running Brothers updated versions of the apps but it says its already installed.

I have tried uninstalling everything and removing any Brother registry entries and also using Brothers uninstall tool and reinstalling but the same problem happens.

It's Windows 11 but the software says its compatible.

Any ideas what could be going on?

I’ve seen this before on some Brother software. You have to unzip the files manually and dive down into a sub directory to launch the proper setup.exe.

Back