Beware iPad Mini Fake IC's

Adept PC Repair

Reaction score
I've had a batch of ipad mini digitizers which have all arrived with china's own version of the IC (it doesn't have soldered connections on the cable, so I cannot replace it).

You can see what I mean here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-Scr...245441?hash=item2a87c1b541:g:zqYAAOSwYS9ZZy1m

I've tried 3 of them in a customer's ipad, all 3 have had issues with the touch digitizer just going dead. A forced restart with the home button and power button restores function, but obviously this isn't acceptable.

I've told the seller, had replacements and every single one have had this fault.

I ordered one that was supposed to have a genuine IC, still arrived with this chinese copy IC attached.

Does anyone know of a reliable source which still sells the ipad mini digitizers with the original IC attached?

Originally I used to remove and solder the customer's original ic to a digitizer which didn't have one attached. I will have to move back to doing this I think.

Previously, they used to presolder the original genuine oem ic (used) to a brand new digitizer which I was fine with (as this is basically what I had to do).

These fake ic' s clearly have issues, the original cracked glass still works fine and doesn't have this issue. I just can't believe China get away with this crap.

Yes, iFixit generally sells good quality replacement parts but more importantly, they stand behind their products so if there is an issue, they will replace or refund. Most of the reputable vendors sell good quality digitizers, including MobileSentrix, Mobile Defenders, ETradeSupply etc. It's the low cost eBay/Amazon vendors you have to be wary of. Aliexpress is hit or miss. While they do have a dispute mechanism, it's slower than eBay and the sellers will push back more than those on eBay.

I've had a batch of ipad mini digitizers which have all arrived with china's own version of the IC (it doesn't have soldered connections on the cable, so I cannot replace it).

You can see what I mean here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-Scr...245441?hash=item2a87c1b541:g:zqYAAOSwYS9ZZy1m

I've tried 3 of them in a customer's ipad, all 3 have had issues with the touch digitizer just going dead. A forced restart with the home button and power button restores function, but obviously this isn't acceptable.

I've told the seller, had replacements and every single one have had this fault.

I ordered one that was supposed to have a genuine IC, still arrived with this chinese copy IC attached.

Does anyone know of a reliable source which still sells the ipad mini digitizers with the original IC attached?
who are your current suppliers ?

we use replacebase and iparts4u (based in Wales somewhere actually)

I've got a few different suppliers since this thread. I still avoid the new integrated ic's and advise everyone else to

Back