Best Registrar Feedback - NameSilo Cloudflare Google Ionos

mark-tech

Reaction score
Who do you recommend as the best registrar when it comes to simple, cheap & best features for the best price?

I have several domains that I manage for both my business & for clients. Some are on Name Silo, some get Ionos because of the $1 deal which is good for only 1 year, some do Godaddy which I don't recommend normally for the long-term, and then some do Cloudflare since their pricing is wholesale.

I did a search on this forum for Cloudflare reviews as a registrar and didn't find much so wanted feedback.

Thanks!

Image Credit: youtube.com /watch?v=GipDhMjKURo
cloudflare youtube video.JPG

Also use namecheap. I never dealt with many clients domains but for the couple I did namecheap since I used it personally. I wouldn't be opposed to CloudFlare either as I use them for DNS already.

I've always been put off by Namecheap's....well...name. I have a hard time recommending a name with the word "cheap" in it to clients. It is only natural to assume "cheap" is their main focus. Not other things that should be more important, like "service quality" and "support", etc. They might be great, but I just can't get past that name.

I use cloudflare. I've used them for DNS for a few years and now into my second year using them for my domain. Its the cheapest place, as like you said they sell at wholesale price and as i already used them for DNS it made sense for me to switch. I've had no complaints, was easy to transfer my domain.
One of my clients uses namecheap for their SSL certificates and i think they had a couple domains there at one point. They seem ok, i had to use support once for a issue with an SSL and they resolved it quickly.

I just finished moving all my stuff to Cloudflare.

The only "issue" is if you do not want to also use them as your DNS host, you've got to pay $200 / month. So if I ever want to not use cloudflare DNS, I'm going to have to transfer away.

Another vote here for cloudflare. Inexpensive and tons of features that most hosting companies don’t have at the DNS level such as country based blocking of the website etc.

Back