Android Phones All Specs On PC

Silvermyst

Reaction score
I am wondering if there is a program on a desktop that will automatically detect a cell phone and create a report on its specs.

I don't want to install anything on a clients cell phone like the
Phone Specs - Android App when i'm going to fix or touch a clients phone.

any advice?

When you're going to fix a part, or do some modification of any sort from a customer and they bring it back saying that a piece is missing or another piece broke...I would like to have a report of the device I've worked on just like any computer. I open up a ticket before anything for my clients and let them know the specs of their computer or device before its being handled by us, but Its hard to find that feature when working with cell phones.

When you're going to fix a part, or do some modification of any sort from a customer and they bring it back saying that a piece is missing or another piece broke...I would like to have a report of the device I've worked on just like any computer. I open up a ticket before anything for my clients and let them know the specs of their computer or device before its being handled by us, but Its hard to find that feature when working with cell phones.

We have been doing this for a few years now and as long as you do good work, you will rarely deal with this issue. However, you have to make sure you thoroughly explain to the customer before you start repairs that due to the sensitive nature of phones, that there could be other underlying issues that may or may not show up right away and sometimes the only thing keeping those issues at bay is the fact that the phone has not been taking part. Basically, you have to make sure they understand that you are not liable for any further damages to the phone. That said, you screw it up, you fix it. Also, you need to test the phone in front of the customer before you start repairs. Explain to them that this does not guarantee that there wont be other issues, but it will allow you to address any issues you find before you start so that they are aware. Aside from all that, as far as I know, there is no such app that will show whether or not any parts have been removed. Keep in mind that you can't aways change your whole repair process because ONE customer had a problem or tried to pull the wool over your eyes. You will always have those customers and those situations, the best you can do is prevent the bulk majority of those issues with quality parts and trained technicians and signed disclaimers. Usually, anything further than that will just take too much time and eat into your profits.

Yeah , you're right lol but I am sure I will get at lest 1 person trying to pull a fast one.

Unavoidable. There will always be that one person. All you can do is make as much profit as possible so when that time does come, it does not affect your bottom line too much.

Back