[TIP] ★ Huge Resource List ★ (Tools + Files + More)

Appletax

Reaction score
Work-in-progress 3/10/2022

Previous Update: 11/30/2015

Files to Download from My MediaFire Account

My Technibble Threads

Other Helpful Technibble Threads

Google Voice
  • I really enjoy using Google Voice for my business number for the following reasons:
    • Can forward calls & texts to any phone and always works - useful if your cell phone breaks.
    • Works with basic feature phones.
    • Can block phone numbers.
    • Can text from your computer. LOVE this!
    • Can listen to your voicemails very quickly (don't have to call your # first).
    • Integrates with your Google Contacts.
    • Has an extension for Google Chrome and apps for Android and iOS.

Last edited:
HOLY CRAPPOLA SUPERNOVA! Thanks for sharing! My God...

Hahaha my thoughts exactly! I don't think I'll ever make it though all those links.

His downloadable toolkit is great too. I grabbed it before he started charging for it, but I think I'm going to buy his new version just to support what he's doing.

Thanks for providing this great resource. I have seen your other posts were also helpful. Keep sharing and helping people.

Latest Update: 11/30/2015

Google Voice

• If you can get a local number, I highly recommend using Google Voice for your business number for the following reasons:
    • Can forward calls & texts to any phone and always works - useful if your cell phone breaks
    • Works with basic feature phones (e.g. Motorola Razr)
    • Can block phone numbers
    • Can text from your computer
    • Can listen to your voicemails very quickly (don't have to call your # first)
    • Integrates with your Google Contacts
    • Has an extension for Google Chrome and apps for Android and iOS

You missed my favorite. Google Voice transcribes all your voice-mails in to emails and sends them to you in almost real time. Not only great when you can't take a call but gives you a printed record of all your customers words.

Google Voice

I use it for my voicemail (it replaced a third-party paid service), but I worry a lot that Google's going to kill it off now that all the competitors have (I suspect) folded.

I'd happily pay a nominal amount per month or year, and I'd pay even more if they added fax receiving capability since I could drop my separate fax line service. Instead, they've played with integrating it with Hangouts, it's been ages since an app update, it's showing all the signs of a soon-to-be-axed Google product.

Heck, I had to change my email notifications to start showing the Google Voice notifications again - it transcribes, sends the email, notifies the app that there's voicemail, but the app can't play the audio and does not get the transcription for minutes. I've had times when I couldn't listen to it or get the actual transcript in the app (they show at the same time) for 15 minutes or more after the email notification shows up, and this has happened across multiple phones so I'm pretty sure it's not a phone issue.

Back