The way windows 7 says it is not activated giving me headaches

Galdorf

Reaction score
I wish Microsoft would fix the wording when windows 7 is not activated it says it is not genuine problem with wording in UK and Canada that means stolen or counterfeit.

I have had a few old customers that i have sold dell referbs to that had that windows update bug that caused them to become unactivated.

They called Microsoft and they told him he had no license and sold him a genuine version i asked customer did they ask for the key that is on the side he said no asked did they remote access your computer he said no they just talked on phone so i call up Microsoft and talked to a manager explained the situation spent an hour on the phone trying to get refund for the license they sold him.

It should say Not Activated i have had this issue many times have to send time explaining to customer what is going on and this has happened more than half a dozen times they need to change the wording.

I suspect the wording is intentional. They want people to believe that a non-legit copy of Windows is somehow different, malicious even, to scare them into buying a "genuine" licenced copy.

It's a bit like the whole "illegal downloading" propaganda that was spread about to make people people believe that downloading copyrighted movies, music, etc is illegal, to frighten and deter them, when in fact it's uploading/distributing such files that infringes copyrights, not downloading per se.

Back