Malwarebytes update problem....

SAS Technician's license purchase link.

Incidentally, like SAS' software license, it's a lifetime license. Not annual.
It gives you the license to use SAS Portable on any system(s) you like.

Edit: I signed up as a reseller first and, a month or two later, they ran a special where I got the Tech License + 5 SAS Pro licenses for $99. Twas a very good deal. Throw in the coupon code "friend" for another chunk off.

Yup and thanks for the tip on that eHousecalls. I got my tech license and 5 SAS pro licenses for $74.99 after using the coupon code "friend".

Will look into SAS as a replacement for the Malwarebytes as its cheaper.

The technicians version is not portable but it gives you an uninstall link on the desktop. It isn't ideal really.

Will look into SAS as a replacement for the Malwarebytes as its cheaper.

The technicians version is not portable but it gives you an uninstall link on the desktop. It isn't ideal really.
Was about to reply elsewise but had mis-read. You meant the Tech version of MBAM.

That is something I've been wanting to look into. What did the license cost? Annual or lifetime? Got a link on it?

Its email only then they sent me a unique link which I can download it from. It is actually quite expensive in Europe as I had to pay the german rate VAT of 19% if you're outside of the Europe you can claim that back.

It cost me $100 US dollars which was about £80 when the stupid germans got their VAT added onto it. Thats the problem with the stupid EU.

Its email only then they sent me a unique link which I can download it from. It is actually quite expensive in Europe as I had to pay the german rate VAT of 19% if you're outside of the Europe you can claim that back.

It cost me $100 US dollars which was about £80 when the stupid germans got their VAT added onto it. Thats the problem with the stupid EU.

Is the version portable? or is it just mbam with more features?

BTW, Im still getting browser hijacked and cant update mbam....

I did manually update it and ran it in windows normal boot and it found a couple things and deleted them, restarted computer, still cant update mbam. I am also getting browser hijacked and I have ran SAS as well. I used the mbam removal tool, removed it, restarted, then downloaded and reinstalled mbam, when it goes to update I still get the same error......

Can any PC which is using your internet connection update there Malware definititions. Just seems odd that 4 PC's would be simultaneously affected.

yes one of them can, i think what has happened now that I am narrowing this down is that I worked on a computer and a virus jumped onto my usb stick, which in turn has affected the machines I have plugged it into....

That would certainly account for the situation..:D
If you have been down the manual removal route and tried a few other scanners, I think I would be tempted to run Combofix as long as it isn't a 64bit OS.

I have been down the manual route, i am doing the dr web disk right now, it has found one item in the system restore file. I have ran combofix, maybe I will run it again..

I didn't notice any comments to this effect so - it might be the router. I had a case a few days back that had me stumped till i hit on the router. Of course it could still be the computers dns settings too...

3 computers, one new, all with variations on a theme, redirects to k-directory.co.uk, pro-search,stop-zilla etc. The first comp had a rootkit that shut down autoruns/hijackthis/combofix/... but not any non security programs (it was a driver). The second didn't, but had some weird virus that looked to be sem removed,... Anyway, each with similar but different problems - but all couldn't go to malawarebytes.org or windows update or any search result with k-directory and remove in it etc. Which of course killed mse, as no virus def updates.

It was a virus that accessed the router and poisoned the dns settings, setting them to problematic ones.

I didn't notice any comments to this effect so - it might be the router. I had a case a few days back that had me stumped till i hit on the router. Of course it could still be the computers dns settings too...

3 computers, one new, all with variations on a theme, redirects to k-directory.co.uk, pro-search,stop-zilla etc. The first comp had a rootkit that shut down autoruns/hijackthis/combofix/... but not any non security programs (it was a driver). The second didn't, but had some weird virus that looked to be sem removed,... Anyway, each with similar but different problems - but all couldn't go to malawarebytes.org or windows update or any search result with k-directory and remove in it etc. Which of course killed mse, as no virus def updates.

It was a virus that accessed the router and poisoned the dns settings, setting them to problematic ones.

DUDE you just solved my problem, i just got another computer in here, i have not installed or touched it at all and tried to update mbam that was already installed and got the same error, so I checked in the router and sure enough, my dns setting were changed, so i told it to get them from the isp and all of the computers can update mbam now!!!

Didnt even think to check the router...i guess you learn something new every day! Thanks so much for your help!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

DUDE you just solved my problem, i just got another computer in here, i have not installed or touched it at all and tried to update mbam that was already installed and got the same error, so I checked in the router and sure enough, my dns setting were changed, so i told it to get them from the isp and all of the computers can update mbam now!!!

Didnt even think to check the router...i guess you learn something new every day! Thanks so much for your help!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Yes don't forget to change the default login settings of the router.

Back