Malwarebytes update problem....

xxsilk109xx

Reaction score
Anyone else not being able to update malwarebytes?

On 4 different computers I can not update malwarebytes and they all give me the same error.

MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (12007, 0, WinHttpSendRequest)

Am I the only one seeing this update error?

Anyone else not being able to update malwarebytes?

On 4 different computers I can not update malwarebytes and they all give me the same error.

MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (12007, 0, WinHttpSendRequest)

Am I the only one seeing this update error?

Are you sure it's just not the internet blocked by fake anti virus?

That happened to me and i just downloaded it from the internet and reinstalled it...it works fine now getting updates.

I have experience that problem before and that's what I do, simple download another file and install it. Are you installing on safe mode or normal mode?

A DNS hijack usualy blocks access to Malwarebytes server. Just redownload the tech version of Malware from Cleverbridge so its the latest version and try again.

If that dosn't work check the usual proxy/DNS/hosts file settings.

My vote for reinstall also... Had this happen a lot lately.
That's why I keep all of the latest tools like this on a CD.

I've had this recently on a couple of machines also. In the end, I had to do a malwarebytes removal (using the tool), and a reinstall. This fixed it on each of the pc's I had trouble with.

Ok so how do i find them, can you send me a link? I tried google but dont think I came up with the right site. unless im missing something...

I will see what I find on google, but you have to email Malwarebytes and they will send you the link. Its about £80 a year but you will get that back in a couple of jobs and it has some useful features over the standard one such as command line and RAM scanner.

I will see what I find on google, but you have to email Malwarebytes and they will send you the link. Its about £80 a year but you will get that back in a couple of jobs and it has some useful features over the standard one such as command line and RAM scanner.

so is it a portable application? because that would be awesome, also when I email them, what exactly do I ask for?

so is it a portable application? because that would be awesome, also when I email them, what exactly do I ask for?

well i have tried sas, eset online scanner, dr web online scanner, combofix, i manually updated mbam and ran it. then i used the mbam removal tool, then rebooted, tried to install mbam, it did fine, but same error on update. I just ran the avira boot disk, nothing found...bout to try dr web boot disk instead. Plus I looked up the virus and removed everything bleeping computer said to delete...

let me see if reseting the host file will work..

SAS Technician's license purchase link.

Incidentally, like SAS' software license, it's a lifetime license. Not annual.
It gives you the license to use SAS Portable on any system(s) you like.

Edit: I signed up as a reseller first and, a month or two later, they ran a special where I got the Tech License + 5 SAS Pro licenses for $99. Twas a very good deal. Throw in the coupon code "friend" for another chunk off.

Last edited:
Had the same problem the other day. To fix it, I uninstalled MBAM and did a reinstall. They were different version as the first was installed by the customer.

Back