Choose New Logo

Not sure how well it conveys computer repair.

It communicates "computer" or at least "electronic device" brilliantly. But that's why I think that it needs text along with the graphic. It's sort of a, "I get the gist, but who in the hell are you and what do you do, specifically?," situation without text.

If you manufacturer IC chips. Not sure how well it conveys computer repair.
If Andy's business is anything like mine, repair of mechanically broken things is a small part of what I do. And it's not just computers, for me, it's lots of technology things, so an icon that reminds me of an integrated circuit tells me that he's a technology company.

And I agree with @britechguy, you need a version that lays out the text with that symbol. The IC thing is a symbol, just like Pepsi or AT&T.

Gotta think like an end user. We techs know that IC chips are used in computers. The end user is the one that calls the entire PC chassis a hard drive and can’t find their files except to put them on the desktop.

Mock me all you want but when clients call me up unable to start their PCs because all they have done is turn on the monitor I’ll stand by my statement.
I don't know, but wonder if even the people who think turning their monitor on and off is the same as rebooting it, I tend to think they recognize the symbol of a chip or a circuit as something part of a computer.

If that's not the right symbol, I'd try to find a symbol that represents technology, not just a computer. Again, I think the long term success of our businesses is more than PC and laptop repair.

Seems I'm going against popular opinion but I like the middle one here.

Logos aren't meant to describe your entire business. It's just something recognisable to build brand recognition and trust around. A smart image and your business name is all that's required in my opinion.

I don't believe you need a computer, keyboard etc in there just because you're an IT company. If anything, I think this often looks tacky and is overdone. Like a builder having a hammer for a logo... how original.

Look at some of the most recognisable brands in the world. Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Ford, Tesla, Nike, Adidas, MacDonald's, Starbucks ... do any of these have a picture of what they do or sell in the logo?

I disagree that the laptop outline with the business name in the middle is "too busy."

It doesn't get much cleaner than that if you want a logo and clarity about what it's the logo for. And for small companies you want both.

Personally, I'd make the "Andy's" somewhat smaller and less pronounced. Bold is fine, but it's too big. And I'd slightly increase the size on "Computer Services."

I disagree that the laptop outline with the business name in the middle is "too busy."

It doesn't get much cleaner than that if you want a logo and clarity about what it's the logo for. And for small companies you want both.

Personally, I'd make the "Andy's" somewhat smaller and less pronounced. Bold is fine, but it's too big. And I'd slightly increase the size on "Computer Services."
Then ditch the A. You have a logo inside of a logo. Pick one or the other.

Back