Choose New Logo

If the word computer wasn't in the logo there's no way to know your providing technology service. I'd say it's more like an automotive repair shop. I was going to say that you should stick to repairing computers and let designers design your logo. Then I read that you hired a designer. I'm with @Larry Sabo , I don't like any of them. Maybe you should get a new designer. Just don't make it yourself. Not to insult you, but I think out of 100 of us on this forum, there might be 1 or 2 who have the skill to do logo design well.

I think that the other gentlepeople are correct. And though I agree that gears and wrenches by themselves only represent "repair" as a generic symbol, unless you have a computer in the logo I have to read your logo to know what you do. I would suggest, because people are lazy readers these days, that you should have a picture that a potential customer can look at and know what you do at a glance without ever having to read your logo. Everything needs to be delivered in the least amount of time and effort on the potential customers part, so, if I can glance at your logo and know what you do without reading anything, that would be a winner.

you should have a picture that a potential customer can look at and know what you do at a glance without ever having to read your logo
Unless you are Pepsi, Toyota, et al. In that vein, the third one without the words has potential, if the colours are changed to shades of green, as in PCB conformal green, and the dash is changed to an accent.
1615036984181.png

This stinks :( It appears that if I want a super impressive logo that I will need to spend YUGE money on one of those contest websites (e.g. VistaPrint's 99Designs). Talking $600++. That also includes business card, social media material, letterhead, but still!

A local designer would make me a startup package, but he charges $1,500 to start!!

He makes an amazing logo:

1589680277-FireStationBadge_NoBG.pngUntitled_design.png

Meh. It took reading the second logo carefully to realize that they sell weed. If you’re not local and already familiar with them you would be hard pressed to know that. With a name like fire station it could be a gym, or a bar.

Meh. It took reading the second logo carefully to realize that they sell weed. If you’re not local and already familiar with them you would be hard pressed to know that. With a name like fire station it could be a gym, or a bar.
Do they? Also on that second logo, what is that red thing between "locally" and "owned". IMHO saying locally owned is not something you put in a logo.

It appears that if I want a super impressive logo that I will need to spend YUGE money on one of those contest websites (e.g. VistaPrint's 99Designs). Talking $600++.
Sorry to be blunt, but if you think $600 is huge money for a professional logo design, then you're not really tuned in to what good marketing costs. $600 is a bargain. You might be able to get it done for less by shopping fivvr or other sites.

Everyone on here complains about callers who complain that we charge too much and wonder why our rates aren't just $25 an hour. We sound the same when question the fees of real designers.

I had the designer reads these comments. He says:

"Hello there, I have seen the comments.

I understand that majority of people, don't know how logos work, what works best. For example laptop behind shield would make it look over complicated, but I am ready of course to add the laptop behind the shield logo. In my opinion logo should be minimalist and recognizable like apple, airbnb, adidas etc. I personally like more logo 3 and 5, because they have minimalist style. Logos with shields are more complicated have to much details. But I have created them because you mentioned you would like some of the samples in these styles.

Please let me know which of these logos you like more? From my experience on fivver and I am here for 10 years happened many times that client was happy with logo but when it comes to ask colleagues clients change logo according to colleagues suggestions and then logo looks worse.

I am ready to create one more concept, but I need to know which logo you like more, colors, fonts etc.

Thank you."

Meh, I don't think any of his logos look all that minimalist except the last one IF it was the text only. Which by the way is perfectly fine as a logo. A stylized text style that is scalable and easy to produce in monocolored black, white, and 4 color printing is what you want. That tube A thing with the obvious bend marks is just odd looking. Everything else is just bad 90s graphics looking to me.

I understand that majority of people, don't know how logos work, what works best.
I'm no logo or graphics art expert, but I do have a bachelors degree in business administration with marketing as my core discipline. Again, not claiming total superiority, but I probably understand a little more than some.

For example laptop behind shield would make it look over complicated, but I am ready of course to add the laptop behind the shield logo.
Ugh

So take one bad concept and add on to it? None of the symbolism you've shown us has any meaning as it relates to what you do IMHO.

I asked the designer to make changes. Do you think the "A" at the top should be accompanied by a "C" and "S"?
I suspect that the viewer would have no idea what they stand for. How about a keyboard across the bottom, something like the following?

Edit: Minus the "Computer services" text; I would also lop the peak off the interior "tee-pee" so the icon doesn't look like a tee-pee but more like the letter "A".

1615080575805.png

Last edited:
Back