Battery testing

Diggs

Reaction score
I have four 52 volt LiIo battery packs for e-bikes and and two 12 volt LiFePO batteries in the van. I'm always wondering what condition they are in meaning how much capacity do they really have as they age? So I picked up a very cool Lithium battery tester (DL24P). It can test from 2-200 volts and 1-185 watts of load. It measures mAh, Wh, time, temp, resistance, etc. Just set the test you want (constant amps, constant watts, etc.) and walk away. It drains and records the capacity of that battery or cell. I even use it to qualify my drone batteries (LiPo). Too bad it can't do laptop batteries. The van's 100 Ah batteries take all night but I still get an accurate and repeatable number. Sometimes I combine it with a Hantek data logger so I know the lowest voltage and can confirm the BMS is working. It can sit in-line and give you load readings of what ever you plug into it. It's one of my newer tools that I am really impressed with. How in today's rechargeable world can you tell how good a battery is? This does it for me. (Don't let Amazon's price fool you. You can get them for around $25 on Aliexpress.)

619ydDKwJUL.jpg

Last edited:
Back